Problem with PayPal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Recently I ran into a problem with PayPal. I sold some stuff to another member and asked to be paid through PP. PP informed me I had received a payment, but wanted me to "Verify" it before I would receive the $. To get verified, PP wanted me to sign up for a PP Credit Card or send them my bank information! I certainly do not need or want another credit card, and there is No Way I am going to give my banking information to PP! The only way my customer and I could work around the problem was to decline the payment, then have the customer send the $ through Friends and Family.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks!

Swagopenturner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I don't think there is a way around it. I have heard of people running into problems with exceeding the limits on "friends and family" transactions causing problems as well. I get the hesitation with providing banking information, but there are ways to make your PP account pretty secure - 2 factor authentication for all logins and transactions along with a robust password. Otherwise there are other options for sending/receiving money, but other than bitcoin (or other cryptocurrency) i'm not sure there is one that you won't need a bank account for a certain level of activity.

Sounds like a scam. I had gone to Mexico some years back and when I got home I got a note from Paypal (which is wasn't the actual site) stating that one of my credit cards had been compromised that I had purchased some Cuban cigars on. They wanted a ton of information, including my SSN, which they didn't get any Of. I sent them a nice note back telling them to go "F" themselves.
When I worked in the petroleum industry I was constantly bombarded with requests for millions of gallons of finish lubricants. I ran it by our law department and they let me know right away it was a Russian scam. They were going to put a ship in and I was going to load this lubricant onto the ship and they would pay me, in cash, at that time. I think the FBI got involved with that one after our law department informed them of what was going on. They, the FBI, paid a visit to my office to talk to me and look at my computer which I had be saved all the info on. Never got a solicitation again.
There's all kinds of scam going on right now and they really focus on the elderly as we've had to caution my 97 year old father in law to make sure he doesn't fall for them.

jelevy

Unless I misunderstood, it sounds like any legit electronic funds transfer. PP has to know the bank info in order to deposit the funds. I just did went through it again this week actually. They verify by getting your acct info, making two small deposits and one withdrawal (net $0)... This process takes a few days. Afterward, you log into PP and confirm you saw the two deposits and provide the deposit amounts. I had an old, forgotten PP acct get hacked in which $500 was stolen. After the bank said it was a legit withdrawal, I called PP. After 20 min or so, they said it had all the signs of ID Theft and refunded me the money... all in less than 2-3 hours. While never a sure thing, I have no problems giving my bank info to PP.

I guess there is no way around it, it just seems to be happening recently and more often. I don't think its a scam, just an annoying practice of PP.

Top Bottom