Prizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Last year I was in charge of deciding which prize went where and there was alot of confusion, rearranging, scrambling and adding to right before and during the bash. When running a contest we need to decide if there are going to be one winner or a 1st 2nd 3rd winner and stick to that decision no matter how many prizes are left over. I know there is always a big overflow of boxes of blanks, while I myself love receiving them, you can have too many. If we get the contests in order and know how many prizes needed for each contest then we can ask for a specified number of prizes. If that's not possible then maybe combine prizes for winners so all the prizes get used. I dunno, just muddy thoughts on my part.

Any thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Becca,

I was very impressed with the allocation of prizes last year!!! This year, I am ASKING Andrew to have each donor tell us the "donor value". I hope this will make your life easier, since you will know what prizes are, theoretically, equal.

The system I am envisioning will assign each prize a number, early on. From that time on, that number will be on every worksheet. So, the prizes will be our "tracking device". Each contest will have it's own worksheet. And, I hope there will be one person in charge of each contest. (They may have more than one contest, but not more than 20 prizes--with ALL their duties combined).

I suspect this will mean 5-6 people as "contest prize heads". Dawn and I will be the "fall back" in case any of these people get overwhelmed.

IF Alumilite (specifically comes to mind, not the only one) is a donor again, we should make certain all their prizes are awarded about the same time. They wanted to ship them all at once (reasonable, I guess). But that meant the lady that won their prize on Feb 5ish did not RECEIVE it until nearly March. (Not real reasonable, from her point of view). They (Alumilite) also were not real happy about having to ship one container to Europe---this again points out the difficulties of an international program. There should be either a separate prize group for Europe/Australia or a fund for shipping. Even with a shipping fund, however, the shipper has to fill out customs declarations. This is more work (and if you are dealing with the USPS, it CAN be a LOT more work) and makes some prize donors unhappy.

So, I rambled. Main point-thank God Andrew is back, we certainly look forward to having Becca's steady judgement and Dawn and I are getting ready to pass the football to a whole bunch of receivers. We stand by to "push them" over the goal line, if necessary.

(Packers just lost to Favre, what else do you expect as an analogy from Cheese country, they are in mourning!!)

wudnhed

Dang Ed, I have had such a year that I can't even remember if I did the prizes last year or the year before:confused: :eek: I do remember that You and Dawn made things alot easier for everyone. Hope I didn't step on your toes buddy!

BTW, Brett is my hero!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You did it last year. When your granddaughter was born. DON'T forget THAT!!! BIRTHDAY coming up, granny!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
NO ONE steps on my toes!!!

We all do the best we can and hope it works out. YOUR job last year was GREAT---let's shoot for a repeat!! I think all the prize winners went away happy and most of the prize DONORS were equally happy.

I worried about a couple people who sent international and I will be hoping to see Alumilite specifically this year. I hope I did NOT **** her off with a couple emails repeating the same winners. That's one reason I want to be "at arm's distance" this year.

If Curtis wants to, he can handle them from start to finish--that may work better.

Wandering thoughts and distant memories from an old brain.

Top Bottom