Pressure pot Whats needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Celt40

Can anyone give me some information on what is needed to make a pressure pot to use at home. Also what is the benefits of using a pot as to just casting resin into a mould and leave it to set.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

Here's a good link for a list of items needed. It'll put you on page 2 of the thread and towards the bottom Firefighter-EMT has a good list: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30493&whichpage=2

The benefit of using the pot is that it will reduce or eliminate the size of any air bubbles trapped in the resin. Also, if you are embedding anything in the resin, it'll make sure the item is fully encapsulated.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

Celt40

Thanks Joe. It all looks to much for me to understand. Think i will need to look somewhere like Ebay to see if i can get something already made up???? What will i look for that can be used right away for casting [:I] What do i need to make the pressure.[:I] As you all can see i am very green at this subject.

jcollazo

Originally posted by Celt40

Think i will need to look somewhere like Ebay to see if i can get something already made up???? What will i look for that can be used right away for casting
There some ready made types of pots out there but they are VERY expensive. Take your time and read through the tutorials in the library and in this forum. It took me a while to figure things out and at some point everything just clicked. Making the pot is pretty straight forward.

What do i need to make the pressure.[:I]
You'll use an air compressor for both the pressure and to drive the vacuum unit. Later on, if the vacuum unit isn't doing it for you, you can purchase a real vacuum pump.

Anything is possible, just throw a little cash at it[}:)];):D

jttheclockman

Originally posted by jcollazo

Here's a good link for a list of items needed. It'll put you on page 2 of the thread and towards the bottom Firefighter-EMT has a good list: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30493&whichpage=2

The benefit of using the pot is that it will reduce or eliminate the size of any air bubbles trapped in the resin. Also, if you are embedding anything in the resin, it'll make sure the item is fully encapsulated.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

The bottom part of this is interesting. If it is true about embedding what is the best way to go. Pressure or vaccuum??? Does anyone have a picture of a pot with just pressure set up???

Top Bottom