Premium Designer in Cocobolo - Center Band Modificaiton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings all,

Today I finished up another PSI Premium Designer NT in Cocobolo with a much nicer color compared to the one I posted a day or so ago. (The pictures don't do it justice). I did a modification to eliminate the center band on this one. It is finished with my standard CA regimen instead of GluBoost this time.

Regards,
Dave
IMG_3753 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3750 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3751 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3752 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Lovely pen, Dave.

I really like the continuity of the wood over breaking it up with a metal center band.

egnald

Hi all, since posting, I took it apart and put a small radius on the upper blank to soften the transition between the upper blank and the lower and then re-touched up the CA finish on that end. I think it looks better without the harsh step you can see in the initial photos above. - Dave

Before and After radiusing the Transition.
IMG_3751 Tight Crop.jpg IMG_3755 Tight Crop.jpg

Finished pen After Radiusing the Transition
IMG_3755 Cropped.jpg

Alan Morrison

Hi all, since posting, I took it apart and put a small radius on the upper blank to soften the transition between the upper blank and the lower and then re-touched up the CA finish on that end. I think it looks better without the harsh step you can see in the initial photos above. - Dave

Before and After radiusing the Transition.
View attachment 358573 View attachment 358574

Finished pen After Radiusing the Transition
View attachment 358572
Yes, David, that improves the look.

walshjp17

Excellent bit of work there, Dave. I really like this version of the Euro NT. Less bling and more Cocobolo is a recipe for success.

Top Bottom