Posting pictures in the body of the post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Ok,
I know how to attach pics to a message as attachments (Thumbnails).... for the Pen andPenturners Contest, I would like to have the 15 pictures in the middle of the message. I did a search in FAQs and it says,

"If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed"

What arrow next to what 'Attachment Icon" are they discussing here? I used to be able to do this in the old forum, but now I can't get it right..... :bulgy-eyes: Can someone tell me how to do this? For an example of this please look at Curtis' post in "Other things we make" where he shows the pics of the house he built....

Thanks for teaching an old dog an old trick.... :embarrassed:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

I don't think that is what they are talking about.... There are a number of people who add images directly into the post on this forum, but I can't figure it out..... I will probably post this question in SOYP....

I don't use the quick reply when adding pics anyway, so I am totally in the DARK!!:hypnotized:

I checked in the Testing forum where I was trying to figure it out and got the assistance I needed. The earth now spins properly!!!

Last edited:

melogic

Do you mean like this
1_dish_resized.jpg

Dish for example?

melogic

click on "Add Reply", then on the right side of the page, click on "[Images]", then just select the image you want to put in the post. It will be put where the cursor is presently blinking. Your picture has to be in your photo album in order to do this.
Hope this helps.
Please feel free to edit or correct me if this is not correct.

byounghusband

Mark,
I got the info I needed from the Testing area. Actually, you don't need to have it in an album to do this...
You add a pic as an attachment and then right-click on the file name in the Attachment Management window and copy the file path. Then click on the add image icon (yellow with mountains in it) and paste the file path into it. Doing this will show the thumbnail and the pic in the body at first, but the thumbnail will go away (DAMHIKT...)
Of course you are correct with the placement of your cursor to put the pic where you want it...

Top Bottom