Popcorn and Fruit Loops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

All have been sold elsewhere

Blanks are $8 each, plus shipping. 4 or more blanks ship free.

These were single batch "experimental" blanks, so I only have these 6. If anyone shows interest, I'll happily cast more.

A1, A2, and A3: Popcorn kernels cast in clear resin. I suggest painting the inside of the drilled blank, rather than painting your brass tube. I chose black for this Vertex Click.
20200428_101553.jpg20200428_095456.jpg

B1, B2, and B3: Fruit Loops cereal cast in white resin. These look best when the inside of the drilled blank is painted white. These blanks like to chip out as the resin cannot completely penetrate each cereal piece. Take extremely light cuts, and stop to fill voids frequently.
20200428_101941.jpg20200428_100036.jpg

Disclaimer: While I only recommend these blanks for experienced turners, newer turners can still get fantastic results if they take their time and use sharp tools. As with all embedded object blanks, be sure to stop frequently to fill voids.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

Just like everyone else durring this pandemic, I'm finding myself more and more short on cash every day. Needless to say, this makes it a lot harder to keep myself busy and working in the shop.

That being said, I'm looking to offload these blanks so I can begin to restock (pen/stopper kits, casting supplies, etc...)

So if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to either: sell the remaining 5 blanks as a lot for $35 shipped, or trade for kits.

Top Bottom