Planer Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marmotjr

It's in production!

I'll photos when it's done! Maybe a video too?

Attachments

• PlanerStand 3.jpg
    PlanerStand 3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 546
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marmotjr

Yes, but I don't have a specific tool to go underneath right now. And storage right now is at a premium, so I needed the drawers.

If (When) I eventually get a mitre saw, I'll do a flip top for that and the planer, with folding arm extensions that service both tools.

I'm thinking a flip top for my HCM and 4" jointer, as they are about the same length. I gotta refurb the jointer first though.

Lenny

I made this one but allowed extra space for upgrading to a slightly larger planer in the future. The result was the sander is a little too high (for me). I do le having the mobility with the locking casters.
I look forward to seeing your build!
image.jpg

Marmotjr

I looked at the more standard lunchbox planers, like the 734, Rigid, etc. But I ended up getting a helluva deal on amazon (and free prime shipping) on the 735X, I just had to wait 3 months for it to come back in stock. Well, 3 months turned into 3 days, mine shipped and they bumped their price up $250 (you can do the final math). So it's been sitting in the corner, on saw horses till I get this cart built. Migraines have knocked me out for a few days, so I have to cut the dado's before I can start assembly.

Lenny

By all accounts that is THE portable planer to get if you can afford it. Sounds like you got a great deal. I have used that one a couple of times and was vey impressed.
Have you ever tried Relpax for your migraines? My wife suffered with them for years, trying many different treatments, none of which worked for her until she tried Relpax.

Marmotjr

Finished it a couple weeks ago, but just now got it tucked away. Added some handles to the drawers. Need to learn to make proper drawers, these didn't come out right.

My migraines are from Sinus issues, normal migraine meds don't work. If I don't catch it early enough, I'm out for a day.

Attachments

• planerstand.jpg
    planerstand.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Nice little planer stand. 1 thing you should consider is adding some sort of extended support, minimally on the outfeed side so if you are planning a long plank, the weight of it coming out doesn't tip your cabinet over when the center of gravity moves back. Even some sort of fold-out leg that can be stowed away when not in use. It would be a shame to have that shiny new planer tip over while planning a board.

jttheclockman

I use the portable roller stands for anything that require length and extra hand. I can set the height to whatever tool and all I need is a couple of them. They work very well because I am a one man shop.

Top Bottom