Pens #27 and #28 - both annoyances

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

First I made this Rollester pen from PSI using a blank that I had just cast yesterday made with color changing chameleon mica, mostly because I wanted to see how it would come out. The good: the blank looks awesome. It shifts colors depending on the angle of the light. The bad: either I had a casting void or caught the blank while turning and there is a crack in the end of the pen. I filled it with CA but it is ruined so I will keep this one for myself.

Once I saw the depth of the crack I stopped with the polishing so there are lots of scratches still in the blank. Sadly the pictures do not capture the color shifting of this. It changes from black>blue>purple>orange

RO1-1.jpg

The second one was a Wallstreet kit that I had laying around. I had just received a gorgeous slab of amboyna burl and I wanted to see how it looked when turned before I put it on a more expensive kit. The good: its gorgeous. The bad: either I grabbed the wrong bushings or the Wallstreet III takes different ones from the Wallstreet II so the blank is undersized. Really annoying after all the work that I put into it.

WS7-1.jpg

WS7-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Sadly, we all have days like you had. Now I may be totally wrong on this, but I was of the understanding that it can take a week or longer before a resin blank is fully cured and turntable.

Sataro

Problems arise sometimes & we move on. Still will make you a good keeper pen for your own use. Wall Street pen came out looking very good!

jrista

The Amboyna is excellent. The green accent looks great on that pen.

Regarding the bushings, yes, the WSIII is a fatter pen by design, and its bushings are definitely larger than the WSII.

Top Bottom