Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edward Cypher

Edward Cypher

I just got some corian from elody21 and wood blanks from cwasil. I have the pendant chuck and have watched the video's on the YO-YO site.

My questions are: Do you knock off the corners on the corian and wood before mounting it and if you do how do you do it. The wood I can cut with the band saw but what do I do with the corian?

Also do you all just use double face tape to mount it on a waste block or do you use hot melt glue?

Last question is what is the best size blank to use. The corian are all the same size but the wood ones are a variety of sizes.

Thanks for all your help. This is an awesome site and the people I have bought from here have been wonderful. The products have all been superior and I am looking forward to dealing with many other people on here.

ED:wink:
</SPAN></SPAN>

keithkarl2007

You can use double-sided tape and place a piece of scrap between the blank and the tailstock. This will provide support while turning the blank to round and will strengthen the bond between the tape and backing material. Once rounded you can remove the tailstock and continue shaping.

Super Dave

Ed, I use a sander to round off the corners first, you can use it for wood or corian. Corian is not that hard to work with. Make sure you use a good quality two sided tape to hold your blank to the waste block. I clamp them together and let them sit awhile before I turn them, it seems to hold better. As far as size, I usually use 1 1/2 -2 inches square and 1/4 thick, but everybody has different tastes. Good luck.

Dave

Top Bottom