Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

P6130035.JPG
P6130056.JPG
P6130043.JPG
A few of a recent run of pendants made to replenish my Etsy shop. These are all from mountain ash (rowan) as it seems to be a consistant seller for me. The wood is soft, but can be pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Which kind of tape? I have seen difference brands and sizes with different results. Been looking at doing pendants but wasn't sure of process or materials.
There's turner's tape that is sold specifically for the purpose.

I use Shurtape which is sold at Lowes. I think its intended as carpet tape, but my experience in using it for turning has been very good provided I give it a few minutes to 'set' before starting to turn. I also find that applying pressure during that waiting period also helps increase its adhesion. It's a 2" wide fabric tape with a removable blue plastic liner. Eddie Castelin (Capt Eddie) gave it a very good review in one of his videos several years ago, and since then I've heard of other turners who also use it.

It will peel off the work, but it can leave an adhesive residue that can be removed using DNA or acetone.

hilltopper46

I'm really sorry about the messy post. I have posted before on this forum and edited my posts but it got away from me this time.

Yes, I use double-sided turners tape to hold the pendant to my jig, and follow the same procedures as Louie lists above. I use the tailstock to keep pressure on the workpiece as long as I can.

Top Bottom