Pen stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

Wasn't sure where to post this. I have been wanting to try this for a long time. The pen stand shown here cost ~5.00 and did not take that long to do. This idea is not original to me, but I did make it up as I went out of what I could remember and resources at hand. This top one shown by itself is actually the second one. The first is usable (and I will use it) but I made it too tall, and got the spacing of the holes on the bottom mixed up a little bit.

If I can do this, anyone can do this;).

Most of the pens shown have been completed in the last week or so as I have a Arts and Crafts Fair at the local town square that I will be participating in.

2008611337_007.jpg

20086113336_008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

I have tried to cut it on the band saw and it turns white and chipped along the cut line.

The last thing I did after the bend was to take my propane torch and play it over the cut line until the white and chipped area goes away. I did the same thing where the swarf had melted partially around the holes I drilled. It may not make sense until you try it, but it works pretty well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, I like your stands, Tony!!

The hole will probably solve the perennial problem with acrylic stands - you hit one, you knock them ALL down.

Where's the show? Any stained glass? huh???

Top Bottom