Pen Portfolio and Display Case Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I am starting to accumulate a lot of pens now, and I want something better than those individual felt bags to store them in so when I want to show them to someone, I can open it up and say "here, this is what I have."

I was wondering if you can store your pens in a portfolio like this? Would/does the elastic leave a permanent or lasting impression if you keep your pens in them for weeks at a time?

I also hope to start doing some craft shows in the fall and would like some advice on types of displays for that. I have seen the displays at PSI, but are their others?

TIA!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

They will work , and shouldn`t leave a lasting impression , but I would put one caveat on that , in that it probably isn`t a good idea to put a pen into it until the finish has finished off-gassing (probably a week or two) .

Jgrden

Yes, I keep one in the Hummer along with another black bag that holds a credit card impression machine, credit card slips, cases and a series of literature prepare for each type of pen. I will get a wild hair and go on a route visiting past customers and always come home with money. I am always humming a tune when I come home with my Hummer full of cash and credit card slips.

Jgrden

Padre: I really like the black portfilio because it shows nicely and keeps the pens in nice order. I did, however, run into a issue with the show at Winnie. I did not realize how dusty it was and not only had to vacuum the portfolio but noticed that it had dulled the finish on some sterling silver clips. It wasn't so much the portfolio but the dust that got between the clips and the jewelry tags I was using. The operative word in that last sentence being "was". I was introduced to a new tag by Glenn Sell and his wife.

ldb2000

I have had those elastic strips leave their impressions in even tru-stone pens that were left too long in the portfolio and the thin elastic destroyed the finish on several acrylic and wood pens (left a line where the elastic was) .

jskeen

Personally, I have been on a quest lately to acquire cool cigar boxes and retrofit them into pen display boxes. The shallow ones work well for single layer displays, and the deeper ones get a double layer treatment with a removable top tray. I've been getting the boxes for $1.95 each at a local tobacco outlet.

RAdams

Banned
Right now these are on closeout at CSUSA, I use something very similar that my wife made to carry all my pens back and forth to shows:http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...isplays___Maroon_Pen_Roll___maroon_roll?Args=

I did the same. Mine is royal purple, and holds something like 20 pens. I paid maybe $5 for the material, and the wife sewed it. The only problem is that it likes to try to come unrolled when it is full. I want to design one that holds pens from both the top and bottom in a back and forth fashion. That would help level it all out and keep it closed when full.

Top Bottom