No Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jocat54

I haven't been able to make any pens for a few days now :mad:. We went to visit my daughter for a few days and then my wife decided she wanted a wooden arbor arch over the gate in front of the house. What a PITA this has been. I knew how to make the arch with 22 1/2 degree cuts but trying to figure out how long each segment had to be to span the widith of the opening on the gate really ate my lunch. Finally got it within 1/2" of what I wanted and settled for that.

Thanks for the rant time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

John you are justified in your rant, anything that takes you away from your lathe is a P.I.T.A, but think of the brownie points you have earned!

tbroye

Don't you know that a special tool is need for a 22 deg angle? that will either get you a new tool or the project will be dropped. It has worked for me.

jttheclockman

You should have asked here. There is a few programs that are used in the segmenting world of turning that could have helped with the wood lengths and angles. Will we get to see this project???

Russianwolf

you're complaining about a few days....days?!?!?!?! try 6 months and going...

Honey, can you re-tile the livingroom/kitchen/diningroom? Honey, can you replace the toilet? Honey, can you resurface the deck? Honey?!?!?!?!?!??!?

I'm hoping to finish my honey MUST list before summer.

jocat54

you're complaining about a few days....days?!?!?!?! try 6 months and going...

Honey, can you re-tile the livingroom/kitchen/diningroom? Honey, can you replace the toilet? Honey, can you resurface the deck? Honey?!?!?!?!?!??!?

I'm hoping to finish my honey MUST list before summer.

Mike, YOU need someshop time.

jocat54

You should have asked here. There is a few programs that are used in the segmenting world of turning that could have helped with the wood lengths and angles. Will we get to see this project???

Well here is the finished project--not very good joints on the arch segments but wife is happy.
When mama's happy everyone is happy!

Attachments

• arbor2.jpg
    arbor2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom