Pen kit consistency

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rogersab1223

Hey guys and gals -

I was wondering if there was a "kit equivalency/compatibility" chart somewhere? For example: Is the Statesman/Statesman Jr equivalent (size wise) to the Majestic/Majestic Jr?

I've noticed several kits LOOK exactly the same: Arizona's Sierra and Woodcraft's Wall Street, for example. I also use my PSI Big Ben Cigar bushings for all other manufacturer's cigar pens...

So is there a definitive guide to what kits are compatible?

For what it's worth: this started as an exploration into get a Majestic pen without the crystal in the clip (which I think is the Statesman). I don't know about you guys but I have yet to find someone that REALLY likes that.

Thanks,
Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Andy, As a rule of thumb, if they look the same they usually are, But that is only usually, anything from Berea usually has it's own bushings. P.S.I. and CSUSA are for the most part the same but it seems CSUSA is moving toward there own pen designs. At least trying to. Hopefully others can give more updated info on the kits and a link to a list. I know one has been in the works but no idea how completely developed it has gotten. I just sort of have it in my head what I can usually swap bushings for and what I cannot. I also tend to order from only PSI or CSUSA because they are what I have bushings for.

OKLAHOMAN

Andy, three of the 4 bushings can be used on the full sized majestic from the full sized Statesman, The full sized Statesman tapers toward the final whereas the full sized Majestic is straight Barrel to Barrel.
Also as has been done by many here the crystal can be changed to match the blank used, or contrasted .
In the library there is a chart of most of the bushings and the components that go with them.

Top Bottom