Pen in the Hat 2006! Absolute final update.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
[:)]I received my pen today Joe. Thanks also for the extra stuff.
Here is a pic of the pen I received from Joe, the colors are great he can tell you more where he received the PR. Mudder thank you for putting this together I cant wait to do it again. What is nice is seeing different pen types to get an idea if that is one you might like to try. I have never turned one like the one Joe sent me.[:D] The pen looks better than my pic does let me add.

200631181237_P1020655.jpg
<br />

melogic

I just got my pen from Michael Vickery (Vick) and boy is it beautiful. As soon as things slow down for me at work I will post a picture of it and the wood he sent as well. Thanks again Mike and she is a beautiful work of art.

Texas Taco

Just received my pen from Penworks.........Thanks Anthony it is a work of art. When Anthony sent an email saying I would have to learn how to use it I had no idea what he was talking about. But when the pen arrived I found out what he was talking about and I have to agree, I've got to learn how to use it.

penexchange4ay.jpg

gerryr

YEEHAW!!![:D][:p][:D] The pony express was working overtime from CT to MT this time. Mudder's pen arrived today and it is a real beauty, the picture doesn't do it justice. Also got some nice looking blanks, including one that's prone to blowouts[xx(]. Hope it doesn't blow up on me. THANK YOU Mudder.

PenWorks

Thanks Tony, I hope you find time to practice with it. Working a 5mm nib does take some practice, but it can do wonderfull things once you figure the strokes out. Also, some heavy paper helps, because you are going to be laying down a flood of ink [:D]

Disclaimer.....I am not liable for ink stains to your desk, carpets or clothing [:D]
You may want to check out some of the best ink remover on the market for taking ink off your hands INKNIX available at www.richardspen.com

JimGo

Here's the pen I sent to George (Geo in Winnipeg). It is a chrome Baron with a red acrylic from Martin at Woodbin.

/forum/albums/JimGo/DSCN3633_small.jpg<br />
/forum/albums/JimGo/DSCN3636_small.jpg

laserturner

I received a totally impressive pen in the mail yesterday from Serge (Darley). Made from Australian Sea Snake it was the first poly casting he had done. I love it. Serge also included another skin so I can attempt one as well. Many thanks to Serge for the awesome pen.
2006327138_SeaSnakeSkin1oclr.jpg
<br />

I'd like to thank Jimgo (Jim) for the wonderful pen he sent me. He did an outstanding job turning and finishing it. I see so many great looking pens members make posted here. The difference between a picture of the pen and that pen "in the flesh" is really outstanding.
Thanks again Jim for the beautiful pen.[^]

Rochester

Dear Stan (mrcook4570),
I've have tried several times to post a photo of the awesome pen you made for me in the Pen-in-a-Hat but have not had any success. For those of you who didn't get to see it, it is a Red Mallee Burl closed end Baron. Stan set a Swarovski crystal in the end. It is definately one-of-kind and I will use it proudly.

Dale Pace
(Rochester)

Darley

Ken I'm please you like it, just a little correction it's not my first PR but it's the first Pressurised PR pen I made early last December 2005, no bubbles when I turn it, a dream, so you're holding the first ( #1 )Pressurised pen .

JimGo

Originally posted by Rochester
<br />Dear Stan (mrcook4570),
I've have tried several times to post a photo of the awesome pen you made for me in the Pen-in-a-Hat but have not had any success. For those of you who didn't get to see it, it is a Red Mallee Burl closed end Baron. Stan set a Swarovski crystal in the end. It is definately one-of-kind and I will use it proudly.

Dale Pace
(Rochester)
Just helping Dale post this pen. I have a higher resolution pic, and it's a real beauty!

20063223236_Pen_in_the_Hat%20-%20smaller.jpg
<br />

airrat

Bobby I just realized my post never took. Thanks for the BEB cigar pen. Nice curves and the "accent" piece looks great with it.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by laserturner
<br />
200622622653_100dollarpen.jpg
<br />

When I got home today I found this in the mailbox along with a very nice laser engrave case to store it in. Thank you Ken, This will be one that will sit in my place of honor. Truly a work of art in every way and I am honored to have received it.

bmac

airrat, glad you got the pen OK. I hope you enjoy it. If you are ever in Louisiana, give me a shout. We got some mighty fine food around here, especially this time of the year with crawfish.

Also, DCBluesman, I got a really nice looking pen from you in the mail yesterday and thanks for the BOW blank. I have only turned BOW once before and it was sweet. The invite goes for you also.
I'll post a picture of the pen for the group when I get a chance.

Bobby
Louisiana

TomServo

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />This is a photo of the pen that I made for Tomservo. It is a white and black ebony Churchill finished as always with Enduro. I will ship when I get back in town, either Tues. or Wed.

Wayne

Thank you, Wayne! I'll create a special place to start stashing pens, and yours will get the first spot! I can't wait to try it out.

I received this beautiful Wallstreet in Spalted Oak from John (penhead) this week. The workmanship is excellent! It is my first Wallstreet, guess I'll have to get some of these kits. Thanks again John, and sorry you had such a hard time reaching me!

200634163048_JP3.jpg
<br />

200634163122_JP4.jpg
<br />

wayneis

Here is a photo of the pen that I recieved from Ed (Tubby) who did a fantastic job. Thanks again Ed, this pen will go into my private collection.

Wayne

200634232220_DSCN5465PIHI.jpg
<br />

Fangar

Those all look great. I decided to send pssherman the pen that I started to make for EDDIEK9. I sure hope that all is well with him. Last post was back in January (18th) and he left his recipient hanging.

Cheers,

Fangar

Doghouse

Rtgleck and family had a bout with the flu so he was delayed. Mind you I am glad for the wait. I received an interesting package in the mail.

2006371212_pencase.jpg
<br />

Well that was claimed by SWMBO the moment she saw it. Then came the best part opening up the case revealed...

20063712224_cigar.jpg
<br />

1 smoking cigar and two yet to be rolled!
I believe that it is coffee (pls correct if I am wrong), and one of the finest crafting jobs I have seen. Fantastic fit and feel!

bmac

Finally getting around to posting a picture of the pen from DCBluesman. Again, thanks Lou. Its a great looking pen and I really like the BOW blanks that you sent.

Bobby
Louisiana

20063722924_DSCN0048.jpg
<br />

rtgleck

Doghouse, Glad you liked it. (Glad I got it done too). Got a bunch of the cases at a local cigar shop, thought they look nice with that type of Pen kit. The wood for the pen is actually Madrone I do believe.... The Coffee looks more like Oak to me, when turned.

Randy

jbyrd24

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Chuck Ludwigsen. I haven't been able to post a pic yet but he sent me a beautiful Black Palm Chrome European. The workmanship is excellent and I'll cherish it forever.
Thanks again Chuck.[:D][:p][:p]

C_Ludwigsen

Thanks Bryan. Glad you like it. Guess what, that ain't chrome [:D]. Yer holdin' Platinum my friend. I meant to put the little card in there but found it yesterday still in my truck.

Also, My thanks to Dave Crisher who sent me the first Baron I've ever seen up close - and a closed-end one at that. Excellent workmanship.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by C_Ludwigsen
<br />Thanks Bryan. Glad you like it. Guess what, that ain't chrome [:D]. Yer holdin' Platinum my friend. I meant to put the little card in there but found it yesterday still in my truck.

Also, My thanks to Dave Crisher who sent me the first Baron I've ever seen up close - and a closed-end one at that. Excellent workmanship.
You're very welcome chuck, I hope you get alot of use out of it!

L32

Got a Box in the mail today[:)]. (I was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning)[:D][:D]). Inside were two beautiful pens turned by HEMIBEE aka (Tony) AKA Santa Claus. A classic fountain in cocobolo and a Dymondwood slim both firsts for me. Both will be used, shown off and cherished. Thanks Tony they are greatly appreciated. Pics forthcoming.
Oh yea hey Jeff, (Driften) My daughter found your pen in her car that she was to mail out for me. It was sent three days ago she said she was sorry and so am I [:(]. I hope you like It.[8D]

L32

Tony,
I have had the FP in my pocket since the moment I took it out of the box. It writes and looks fantastic. I believe I have a new everyday writer. Thanks again[:D]

AdamB

Monty,
I just recieved the pen, the post office lost track of it for a while. Based on the postmarks, I think it went to somewhere in Idaho for a while before ending up here in California.

Man that is one shiny <u>orange</u> pen. I can't get an adaquate picture though I cant adjust my camera to correctly capture the orange color. Do you have a pic of it you could post?

I must say that I will hang on to this, the feel of it in the hand is something. And the fit of all the parts is flawless.

Adam

pssherman

Since EddieK9 did not respond before the deadline, Fangar sent this pen to me. It is a fountain pen made with a glossy black PC closed end aluminum tube. Oops forgot, black titanium pen parts.

2006310175159_pen-in-hat.jpg
<br />
In other topics it has been said that fountain pens are the most highly prized, used and/or made by snobs[;)], and that to sell them you need to know all about them and how to use them. Looks like its time for me to begin snob (uh, fountain pen usage) training lessons.

Thanks Fangar.

Paul in AR

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Always Practicing
<br />Monty,
I just recieved the pen, the post office lost track of it for a while. Based on the postmarks, I think it went to somewhere in Idaho for a while before ending up here in California.

Man that is one shiny <u>orange</u> pen. I can't get an adaquate picture though I cant adjust my camera to correctly capture the orange color. Do you have a pic of it you could post?

I must say that I will hang on to this, the feel of it in the hand is something. And the fit of all the parts is flawless.

Adam
Glad you like it. No I don't have a pict of it. My digital camera is full and I've lost the cord to download them. Haven't had time to get a new cord yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom