Pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fsu kid

:confused:Good day I am new to pen making and need all tthe help I can get, would like information on getting pen blanks. That is here in the Jacksonville, Fl. area..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from So California!
I can't tell ya where to go in Florida. But if you browse the classifieds on this site, you'll find some great blanks.

OKLAHOMAN

A Gator should never give a Seminole help except here at the IAP. Try your local Woodcraft for some inexpensive wood blanks, when your ready for some "plastics" try www.exoticblanks.com one of our members here also we have a number of vendors that are members who have great prices and wood, look in the classified
:confused:Good day I am new to pen making and need all tthe help I can get, would like information on getting pen blanks. That is here in the Jacksonville, Fl. area..

leehljp

Member Liaison

USAFVET98

Welcome to the site. For blanks, you should check the classifieds on here. There are a ton of good people with quality materials. Let me know if you need any help..

Longfellow

Pen Blanks and welcome

First, welcome from Sunny St. Cloud, Fla. Home of beautiful woods. I have a variety of blanks available cut from local woods. I sent you a PM. If you will PM me you email address I can send you some photos of what I have available.
This is Sycamore

Attachments

• IMG_3117 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3117 (Small).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 121

cnirenberg

Welcome to the IAP. You will find it is worth the memebership fee... What are you looking for? I have some blanks that I will probably never ever turn. PM me an address to send something over.

seawolf

Welcome, Randall
Look in the yellowpages for hardwood dealers. Most woods can be bought by the board foot very reasonably. Sometimes they have scraps for free. Some cabinet shops deal in corian and are willing to help out also.
Hope this helps
Mark

ngeb528

Welcome, we're glad you're here. You can also check craigslist.com in your area. Do a search on pen blanks, pen kits, wood turning, things like that and you'll probably come up with some reasonably priced stuff in your area.

My hubby and I scour the neighborhood and surrounding wooded area for deadwood and check it out to see if it looks like something that might work.

Yesterday, a large branch fell from a neighbors tree and took out the power lines. Once it was fixed, we took a walk down the street to see if they would allow us to cut some of the wood for our turning. They had no problem with that so we cut up a bunch. We'll probably go back tomorrow to get some more, before the tree guys come.

Along the way, not only did we get some nice pieces of Water Oak but made a couple of new friends in the process. I'm going to make a couple of pens for them to thank them for their generosity.

Enjoy the addiction.

Top Bottom