New Member from Minnesota.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RIPPIN45

Hello all. I turned a pen @ my uncle's house a number of years ago and finally pulled the plug and purchased some equipment last fall. I have took a class at a Woodcraft and am on my way.
I have turned alot of pens from wood to acrylic and am very interested in making my own acrylic blanks. I have done some reading and am putting together the items I will need to start this area of my hobby. I am also starting to laminate wood and finding that you need precise pcs. to get them to turn out accurately. Yes, I am a first-born anal perfectionist. I use the calipers to measure my pcs. for the nibs, etc.
I am planning on putting some pics. up of my pens sometime this week. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Randy to IAP.

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over some of the aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning. Since you have been turning for a while, you already know most of it, if not all, but I am including this a part of IAP's welcome to you.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a recent post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Now, with all of that information, you sure can help in making it better. :biggrin: Post some picts and join in the fun.

TBone

Welcome to the addiction from NC.

Cav, a better idea is for him to get a different avatar. That thing is just creepy. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reminds me of a sci fi experiment on a B grade movie. But now a little cowboy hat might help.

Top Bottom