Paypal questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
Can anyone that uses Paypal help me out?

All I can find on their website is how to send money. I'm wanting to find out what is needed to set up an account and once set up and someone sends payment, how do I access it? This is new to me, but I think I should try to get set up.

Thanks for any help with this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
Thanks for the link Tony.

So I would set up a personal account and the transfers automatically go into my bank account? If that is the case, I'm not sure I trust someone having access to my account.
Sorry for sounding stupid on this, but their website just doesn't seem to be much help on receiving payments.

cowchaser

If you want to use paypal to send or receive money your goin to have to give them your account number. Also you might look, but I think personal account only allows you so many received a month. That's why I upgraded.

rlharding

The sender does not see your personal account number, only your user name. In order to buy on-line for ANYTHNG, it is easier to use PP. Once you set up your account, eg: username cowchaser and I wanted to buy something from you, I would log into my account and send a payment to 'cowchaser'. Cowchaser would see a payment from 'rlharding'.

Payments to me go directly to my credit card # that PP has on file.................as it is also teh CC # that I use to pay for items.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
James - Set up a separate account for PayPal such that they cannot touch your main account. Get one of their debit cards and you have access to cash you receive immediately.

DozerMite

Banned
If they do need an account number, I guess I could start a seperate bank account just for this. I don't sell much, so I think a personal account should work for now. Also, from what I read and understand, the personal is free. This will help me to try it out since I don't have much to spare.

cowchaser

I agree with a separate account. I have a checking account in my name only. I only keep about 200 dollars in that way if someone was to get my number they can't clean me out. I got one of the banks free checking accounts.

DozerMite

Banned
Thanks for the help. Sounds like there are several options. They should have a page with this type of information.
Has anyone had any problems with paypal?
I guess I came to the right place for the answer. This place is great and it's the people that make it that way.
Thank you all!

Russianwolf

I think there is a link at the bottom of the page that says "fees". Click that and you should see the differences in all three accounts. The Premium is what we use as my wife sells a lot on ebay.

Also since we only advertise Paypal in our auctions, we get 1% back when we use their debit card. Yeah, it ain't much, but every little bit helps.

toolcrazy

If you only have a personal account, you can not receive payments from credit cards, just direct from another user paypal account. So, if you want a customer to pay with a credit card, they can't. They have to have either an established paypal account with funds in it or an e-check. And a e-check takes a week to clear.

Daniel

I've never had a problem with my paypal account. and I love it. it is my pen turning banking account. it keeps track of all the details during bulk buys which can move pretty fast a furious at times. So if I mess up anything on mmy spreed sheet entries my pay pal has my back. it makes shipping very simple. and I can pay for most anything anywhere at any time because I have a pay pal debit card. any charges are only if you actually collect payment and everyone here has come to expect that. as far as pen sales the cost is simply added to the price of the pen. my web site shopping cart is from pay pal and it allows my customers to pay with a card. this is so much a must today nobody carries cash any more. It is a huge pain to actually get the account set up because everything requires verification. But for me it has been safe and secure in every way. I can transfer my overtime play money from my checking account in just a few days or move money from pay pal to my checking, just in case I had to have my wife pay for anything pen related. Also there is always the one or two that need to pay by personal check etc. So far I have not found a situation that I could not get done with my pay pal and bank accounts working together. I've had my pay pal account for 5 or 6 years now so it is well used and has received or sent hundreds of transactions. It is world wide and i actually pay for orders from China with it this allows me to avoid all the international payment hassles.

randyrls

Originally posted by DozerMite

Thanks for the link Tony.

So I would set up a personal account and the transfers automatically go into my bank account? If that is the case, I'm not sure I trust someone having access to my account.

I don't trust PayPal either. I have an entirely separate account that I use for PayPal. Most banks and credit unions will allow you to have multiple accounts. I set up the accounts so I can transfer money from one account to the other, but no-one else can.

Top Bottom