Ok one last Question For the Nite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwc

I received my heavy duty live center from Little Machine Shop.

This thing is beefy and I'm wondering if it's ok to spin that thing with a pen mandrel or should I have gotten the medium duty lighter one.

Thanks in advance for your response...

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Just do not over tighten it----they work real well.
All you are doing is supporting the end and keeping everything in a straight line.

Paul Russell

I've been using that live center with pen mandrels for over a year. Works great and the tip shows no sign of wear. The comment to not overtighten is good and applies to all live centers.

Randy_

There have been a couple of posts in the past by folks who said the pen mandrel would not drive the HD LC without using excessive pressure. Try it and see if it will work for you. If it gives a problem you could either exchange it for the standard duty one which most of us have purchased or you could try soaking it in WD-40 or some such for a while to thin out the grease in the bearing.

Randy_

www.littlemachineshop.com

Assuming you are interested in live centers, the standard duty LC that many people buy is #1189. One problem is that it only comes with in an MT2. If you have a lathe that wants anMT1, you have to look for an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom