Nov 22 meeting - general discussion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

George,

Do you want me to make name tags with screen names and avatars (for those who have them)? Also, should we start a list here of who's going to bring buns, chips, drinks, etc. so things aren't duplicated?

Just a couple of thoughts....

Name tags would be good, thanks Terry.

As far as people bringing goodies, here's an idea. Here is the list of attendees so far, I'll keep this updated and if anyone wants to bring something, I'll add it next to their name so everyone can see what is already being brought. You're right, duplications are not good... except for donuts! :biggrin:

Texatdurango – George Butcher in Azle - 16 Smoked Polish Sausages, 10 bratwurst sausages
Pentex – Harold in Granbury - Donuts and cold drinks
Byounghusband - Bob in Sachse - saurkraut and hot dog buns
1JaredSchmidt – Jared Schmidt in Granbury - Chips
MarkHix – Mark Hix in Carrollton
td- Terry Hefner Dallas - 25 deviled eggs
rlofton – Rudy in Keller
gwd - Gary in cedar hill
ranchonodinero - Marty in Aledo - Fresh home roasted coffee and cups
jdwhip96 – John Driscoll in Arlington
kevin_f – Kevin in Flower Mound
brez – Mike Breslin in Pilot Point
Frankk - Frank Kupec in Hurst
Lee Patz - Lee Patz in Corinth - Potato Salad and cold drinks
txbatons - Brian in Carrolton
abearpens - in Hurst

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lee Patz

George,
The wife said she would make a bowl of Potato Salad for us. I'll bring some soft drinks also. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Lee

Texatdurango

What kind of rolls or buns are needed for the Polish Sausages and Brautwursts? I'll bring those and some saurkraut if you all want.....
I've always used regular hot dog buns and just widen my grip! :biggrin: The saurkraut souds great, I called John and he'll make sure he has something out there to heat it up.

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Looks like quite a meal taking shape! If anyone is thinking of bringing something, a few suggestions might be:

Pickles and sliced onions
A large squeeze jar of mustard, regular and perhaps spicy
Some more hot dog buns and chips
Perhaps another 5 pack or two of brats, hot dogs or sausages.

Texatdurango – George Butcher in Azle - 16 Smoked Polish Sausages, 10 bratwurst sausages
MarkHix – Mark Hix in Carrollton A nice desert
rlofton – Rudy in Keller Plates and utensils
gwd - Gary in cedar hill
abearpens - in Hurst

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Well only four days left and everything is looking smooth. Don Ward had to cancel out so Bob from Sache will be doing the CA demo first thing Saturday since he may have to leave early. Terry and I will discuss how we will swap out our casting and closed end/kitless pen demos and either I will bring my pen wizard or John will have his out for a show and tell demo.

Looks like "slapping a weiner on a bun" has turned into a nice "sit down" lunch and that's just fine, John has the neatest back yard, it's all deck with plenty of sit down space. He's even got a fish pond so bring your fishing tackle! :eek:

We will be having guests from East Texas and quite possibly from an IAP member from Missouri, wherever the heck that is, so we may have to be on our good behavior!

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Updated list as of friday morning....

Looks like quite a meal taking shape! If anyone is thinking of bringing something, a few suggestions might be:

Pickles and sliced onions
A large squeeze jar of mustard, regular and perhaps spicy
Perhaps another 5 pack or two of brats, hot dogs or sausages.

MarkHix – Mark Hix in Carrollton A nice desert
rlofton – Rudy in Keller Plates and utensils
gwd - Gary in cedar hill
abearpens - in Hurst
jcarrell - Jeff Carrell in Hurst - Buns and chips

pentex

Enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks for all the good information. What a feast was had. George, thanks for putting his together and thanks John for the nice meeting place.

rlofton

I had a great time, as I believe everyone else did. Special thanks to Terry, Bob, and George for the demonstrations, to Sherry and John for hosting the meeting, and to George for putting it all together. The hospitality, food, and fellowship were terrific! Already looking forward to the next one.

Thanks!

Texatdurango

Yep, I think everyone had a good time. Not that numbers are important but I believe there were 26 of us present when I counted heads.

I always like days when I learn something new and today I did my share of learning! John and Sherry were gracious hosts as usual and Terry and Bob did a great job sharing their skills with us.

Even though we didn't discuss how often we would meet, we can always work on that.

As a side note I have to add something; Ken Nelson, owner of Kallenshaanwoods http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront is a real class act! he was kind enough to provide us with a dozen of his latest laser kits and got them to us in time for our meeting and they were a hit!

26 of us drew numbers for the coveted kits and I even managed to snag one for myself, even against stacked odds from those who had three, four and five numbers stashed away in every conceivable pocket! :eek:

Now that we have all met, don't be bashful, it doesn't take a "meeting" just to visit each other and do some turning, my shop is always open, well except from 2am - 5am weekdays! :biggrin:

Last edited:

td

Banned
and let us not leave out George who did closed end pens and kitless construction.... I for one :question: had many questions that were all answered by his demo. Thanks George! And what an incredible day... John & Sherry, thanks for hosting us! I couldn't imagine a more idyllic setting. I was so excited to meet everyone, but I do promise you George.... I won't hand you any more eggs:eat: (even ones made out of PR):devil::rotfl:.

Texatdurango

No mistake about it...Now THAT'S an avatar! You could have done that yesterday and saved us all the... well, then it wouldn't have been half the fun would it ? (as he speaks in a deep manly voice) :biggrin:

Can't wait 'till we all get together again for another fun day!

A big thank you to the host and hostess! Outstanding job putting this together-the presentations were outstanding-informative and inspiring! I also thought the format was entertaining and effective. And a thank you to Kallenshaanwoods-the door prizes were very nice.

Last edited:

1JaredSchmidt

I wish I could have come,but my dad told me he didn't have time to run me up to Ft.Worth and then come and get me after that. I wanted to learn how to do a CA finish in person and see how the Beall Pen Wizard works really bad. When's the next one? Hope you had fun!

SherryD

What a blast....Was great to meet so many new turners in person and we look forward to meeting everyone again in a month or two. The day went to fast, but we sure learned alot and the sharing of information as always can not be expressed in words. Sherry and I look forward to going to other IAP members wood shops. Large or small they are all great places to share and get inspiration. Thanks again everyone for the help on the food and drinks,...The host is eating good tonight and I have been snacking all day.

kevin_f

A big thanks to everyone involved in putting yesterday's meeting together, it was great. I met a alot of great people and looking forward to the next one. The demonstrations were great and answered some questions I had. Terry, I've just starting casting with color, so the timing of your demo was great. John and Sherry, thanks for sharing your house and shop, the food was great and I sure didn't go away hungry.

Lee Patz

Thank You - - -

John and Sherry, thank you for opening your home and shop to a bunch of strangers you met on the internet! I had an excellent time and experienced an information overload - WOW. I have a lot to learn but with a great group like this so close by, it should really reduce the learning curve. Thanks again to everyone involved, I had a great day, and can't wait for the next one.
Lee

Top Bottom