Not not's a no-no, dumb-dumb.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Dave, can you remember what the name of the symposium in Bend Oregon was? It was called SAUG and I seem to remember that the UG was "Unofficial Gathering" Lots of breadboard computers, Z80 and even some 1632 systems were there. A few 8086 and 8088s, but not many.

egnald

Dave, can you remember what the name of the symposium in Bend Oregon was? It was called SAUG and I seem to remember that the UG was "Unofficial Gathering" Lots of breadboard computers, Z80 and even some 1632 systems were there. A few 8086 and 8088s, but not many.
I don't recall, sorry. If I still had all of my old issues of Micro Cornucopia newsletters/magazines I could probably look it up. Micro C was published there by a Tektronix guy I think from Bend. It was a fantastic reference for all of us CP/M and Kaypro enthusiasts throughout the 1980's. The UG Could have also referred to "User's Group" as that was a popular term in the day. The ones that I remember were CPMUG = CP/M User's Group; KUG = Kaypro User's Group; TCUG = Tandy Computer User's Group and BBUG = Big Board User's Group. The publication was also associated with several informal gatherings called SOG = Semi-Official Get togethers which later became known as Super Official Gatherings (so that attendees could put something other than "Semi-Official" on their expense reports).

I think there might have been a Sacramento Amiga User's Group associated with the Commodore PC's from the mid to late 80's. Could that be the SAUG you are thinking about?

Dave

sbwertz

You are right, it was SOG..Semi-Official Get Together. I don't have my back issues of Micro Cornucopia either. It was the very first SOG that we went to, and it was in Bend. While we were there we hiked down a local lava tube for over a mile! Really cold down there!

Top Bottom