Not a pen, but at least it's turned!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

Our new priest asked me to make a ciborium to hold the communion wafers during lent. The rest of year we use a silver ciborium but during lent we use wooden or earthen ware on the alter. We had an earthen one that looked like a tortilla holder for fajitas, just didn't really seem right. Last year I had made a large and small patten out of pecan, so this year he asked me to make a matching ciborium. It's all pecan with a walnut knob on the lid, three coats of hand-rubbed poly followed by the Beall system to polish it. Here are some photos of the completed vessel that I presented to the glory of God on Ash Wednesday.

20063725526_lid%20on.jpg

The photo was taken on a towel in the alter guild room yesterday since I didn't take any photos before I took it to the church. Not exactly a photo booth but you get the idea.

20063725853_lid%20off.jpg

I probably should have made it a little thicker since it is made to be used for several services each week, lid is only maybe 1/8" thick. Overall about 5" dia. Comments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ray,

Looks like you started the project with a heartfelt, "God help me!" and He did. Nice results-hope your pastor is duly appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom