Just egg'n around

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

These polyester resin egg kaleidoscopes measure about 1 7/8" x 2 1/2" and fell off my lathe today...the one on top is in Denver Broncos colors and the one on the bottom has 72 blue and clear rhinestones embedded in it...another Broncos theme. Hope you like them.

Egg_3b.jpg

Egg_3d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonMc1954

Very nice YoYo, I have hade some color grain blanks just for making egg kaleidoscopes but have been trying to decide just how to turn it on the lathe. Do you drill first and use a collet or do you turn then drill? If you do turn first how do you mount the blank in the lathe?
Again nice poly eggs love the colors.
Ron

YoYoSpin

Thanks...I'm using a pair of purpose-made bushings and a mandrel just like a penturning setup, except there's no brass tube and the hole is big...13/16". Next, I'll be trying some clear castings, maybe with some stuff embedded inside.

PenWorks

Very sharp Ed, I have never made a kaleidoscope. I wonder if the Easter bunny knows these are available [:D] You have some great colors there.

Great eggs Ed, gotta try them some day! Where did you get the great holder? I suppose you made that too! I like the one the orange egg is in and also the big one holding all the eggs![8D][:D] Your colors are neat. I would like some blanks in a red and dark purple mix for my Red Hat Ladies!

Rifleman1776

Very neat. I don't usually comment on non-wood items but your ingenuity is showing again. I have made a couple of the mini k'scopes. Hardest part for me is lining up those itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie mirrors just right so they fit into the tube. Off just .000001" and they won't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom