Nice day----not

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

As I sit here in the shop (at work) listening to the sleet hit the doors and roof and looking out the window and watching the ice build up on the car. Can't wait for the joyous drive home!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

I can always tell when there's foul weather across the country. Things are slower in the shop today. I'm actually caught up!

Give us pictures! [:)]

Paul in OKC

Here's a pic. this is with about 2 hours of stuff fallin. Looking out the shop window.

2007112174923_p1120002.jpg
<br />

les-smith

Yeah, it's a bummer Paul. But, I got let off work early.[:D] It was still slushy when I drove home. You've got to love those government jobs.[;)]

OKLAHOMAN

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />
Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Sorry to hear that Paul. Wanna feel even worse? Just went outside to get the mail .... Sunny, Blue Sky, Tee shirt, shorts ..... 71 degrees in Macon.
That's disgusting!
Came home for lunch and my classes froze as I walked across the parking lot, Don't know if I will go back to work . Expecting 2-3 inches of ice in Shawnee.

toolcrazy

Well, here is was 17 degrees overnight and won't brake 32 today. Had to deal with icy roads yesterday morn on the way to work about an inch of ice on the side roads. The roads still have ice on them but it's slowly clearing off. Luckly there is no rain or snow in the forcast till this cold snap passes.

Oh, I'm in Port Orchard, Washington

underdog

Haven't seen a hint of ice this year....[:D]

Well I take that back. I did see some frost on the bottom of the newspaper wrap a couple days ago.

In a few short weeks I'll be wishing there were two feet of snow on the ground as my allergies start to clog up every orifice in my head...[xx(]

kent4Him

Hey, as a winter lover, this year has been disappointing. No snow. Chicago winters suck. Either no snow and cold, or if there is snow, it gets too cold to enjoy it, or it melts too quickly. I need to move back to Wisconsin.

cigarman

"It could be worse...It could be raining."

I wish. It would be a lot better than all of the ice we're getting. If we don't get some rain ths winter and spring I am going to sell my boat, no place to fish [:(]

Chuck B

Originally posted by les-smith
<br />Yeah, it's a bummer Paul. But, I got let off work early.[:D] It was still slushy when I drove home. You've got to love those government jobs.[;)]

Except when you have one like mine & get forced to work overtime in the crappy weather. (I'm a Mailman)[:(]

Tubby

I know the feeling Paul. It rained 7 tenths today and now the ice/sleet has hit in Wichita Falls. Moved all my firewood to the back door, and hopefully the power won't go out [:D]

Dearborn Heater is well within reach though.[:p][:p]

Ed Jordan
Wichita Falls, TX

For those of you lucky enough to be south of me - we have what is called a "Wind Chill Warning" in Winnipeg.
It's -31C with wind chill of -44C. I did not enjoy walking to the mailbox this morning[:(!]. High tomorrow is supposed to be -30C with a wind chill of -46C. Well, at least it's not snowing or sleeting.[:D]
Peter, my son John (who lives in Oakville) has been gloating about your weather all winter[:D]

mdburn_em

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />For those of you lucky enough to be south of me - we have what is called a "Wind Chill Warning" in Winnipeg.
It's -31C with wind chill of -44C. I did not enjoy walking to the mailbox this morning[:(!]. High tomorrow is supposed to be -30C with a wind chill of -46C. Well, at least it's not snowing or sleeting.[:D]
Peter, my son John (who lives in Oakville) has been gloating about your weather all winter[:D]
George, I feel your pain. As near as I can tell our temps are about the same. We've got -20F to -25F and it's always windy here. I've got a wonderful clock that time syncs itself and tells me the temperature outside...only thing is the people who made it don't think it will ever get colder than -20F so when it does, I get all XXXX. Must be it's way of saying "don't go outside dummy."

Arbsmith

Paul:
I'm sure this won't make you feel any better, but it's going to be about 80 in Honolulu today while the Sony Open PGA golf tournament is going on! I'm sorry - I had to do that. That's what not being able to sleep does to me.

Aloha
DJ

Paul in OKC

Well, when the weather gets cold here, it makes me wonder how you all in the 'real' cold parts do it. It is a beautiful sunny day here today, but still cold with wind chills close to and below zero this morning. Chance of single digit temps for the next two nights. I know I know, pretty whimpy compared to some, but it's not fun any more (not that it ever was!) We got about two inches of sleet yesterday on top of the stuff that fell Friday and Saturday. Looks like little 1/8" ice balls stacked around. today it was frozen so you didn't even sink in at all when walking on it. Oh well, supposed to get above freezing on Thursday, chance of more winter stuff this weekend.

Paul in OKC

Couple more pics of the fun.

200711522850_P1140001.jpg
<br />
Sleet bouncing off the house.

20071152292_p1140002.jpg
<br />
From the front porch.

200711522916_P1150011.jpg
<br />
This one is out the back door of the shop. Stuff is about 2-3" deep and solid.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Paul, I am guessing you don't work for the Tourism Council!!![:D][:D][:D]

Ed in sunny, warm Wisconsin. TWENTY ABOVE zero and just four inches of snow - a gorgeous day!!![:0][:0][:0]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg
<br />D]

George, no more gloating for us in TO. We have had our first winter storm and basically brought traffic to a halt. Guess that 'it' was bound to catcth up to us sometime. Keep it in Winnipeg, OK[:D]

-Peter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom