Newbie from NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verado

Hey all, I've been lurking around and reading for a while but finally got around to making an account the other day. I got started turning pens while I was laid off from John Deere in 2008. Kind of had to re-focus my efforts elsewhere last summer but I finally got around to getting some lathe time in.
I use a Turnercraft 10" I got from PSI.....but as of 2 hours ago I just picked up a 14x40 Delta. My wife took me to one of the local woodworking stores and kept telling me to get a new lathe because I think I want to branch out and start working on bowls, turns out the bowl turner at Woodcraft just picked up a Nova lathe and was selling his (mine now) Delta for $350. This things a beast and I can't wait to get a little time on it once I get my work area reorganized.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Welcome. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get a larger lathe before I start working on bowls and stuff. Got a large bunch of spalted water oak just waiting on it. Unless I figure out how I'm gonna make pen blanks out of it.

theartist07

Welcome to the best place on the net for woodturnning. The folks here are some of the greatest for helping you out with problems you may run into, and every now and then,[well most always] you can get a great deal on stock also. So, welcome to the madness and addition of woodturning from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Top Bottom