New to turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisD0427

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, I am 20 years old from Glastonbury CT. I started turning about a little while ago at the Turn for the Troops at my local Woodcraft. Needless to say I got hooked and soon bought myself a lathe. I have turned a few pens so far and eventually I would like to turn more advanced projects like bowls and maybe a chess set.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Welcome, from Manchester, CT!! We are neighbors. Have you taken any classes at WoodCraft yet?

Any time you want to wander over and see what is up in my shop, or have any questions, just feel free to "c'mon down!"

What kind of lathe did you get?

There is a GREAT New England Chapter of the IAP that meets every other month in Springfield at the WoodCraft up there. I think we are meeting the 30th of this month. Check out the New England Chapter. Great bunch of people.

ChrisD0427

Welcome, from Manchester, CT!! We are neighbors. Have you taken any classes at WoodCraft yet?

Any time you want to wander over and see what is up in my shop, or have any questions, just feel free to "c'mon down!"

What kind of lathe did you get?

There is a GREAT New England Chapter of the IAP that meets every other month in Springfield at the WoodCraft up there. I think we are meeting the 30th of this month. Check out the New England Chapter. Great bunch of people.

i havent taken any of the classes yet although i want to (cant afford them:frown:)

I'd love to see your shop sometime thanks for offering :)

i bought a used jet 1014

i plan on going up to the meeting on the the 30th

ctubbs

Chris, welcome from far West Kentucky. Be sure to check out the library link found on the top right corner of the page. There you will find a treasure trove of wonderful info on pen turning.
Charles

witz1976

Welcome from the State of ME! Chris where you are close I would def. head on over to the local IAP meeting. I would, but Springfield Ma, is about 5 - 6 hours from me...so I have yet to go.:frown:

Top Bottom