New Pens This Week!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Here are three pens I made on Monday. It sure was nice to get into the shop again! I am looking forward to making a bunch of pens and other stuff before Christmas!

Image Insert:
20041015154613_101504pens.jpg

7.51KB

Sorry about the quality of the picture! I just can't seem to get the hang of scanning pens on my flatbed scanner.

The first one is from some nice Birdseye Walnut I got a couple of years ago. The second one is a piece of Spalted Mango I got from Bill Baumbeck. I am very glad it was stabilized! The third is from some Curley Maple I've had for a while. I decided to try for a nice bright orange since that's a local school color. I used my standard CA/BLO finish on all three pens, but instead of polishing through with Micro Mesh, I buffed them on the Beall wheel instead.

The top two kits are Platinum Junior Gentleman Fountain Pens. The bottom one is the Streamlined Slimline from Berea in chrome.

Scott.

low_48

Scott,
Try to increase the resolution on the scanner. I use 300 DPI and then I resize till I just make it under the site limits. I think your scan used less than 8KB and the site allows 90. You could go 10 times bigger and still make it in.

Please, I beg everyone, don't think that I know what I am doing on the computer and scanner. I seem to be stumbling through this stuff. I had to when my son went to college and is now in the civil engineering field. Back in the good old days, I had the perfect computer department right at home. It only took about $100 a week in groceries to keep it going!

I almost forgot, really nice work!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom