New Pens This Week!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Here are three pens I made on Monday. It sure was nice to get into the shop again! I am looking forward to making a bunch of pens and other stuff before Christmas!

Image Insert:
20041015154613_101504pens.jpg

7.51KB

Sorry about the quality of the picture! I just can't seem to get the hang of scanning pens on my flatbed scanner.

The first one is from some nice Birdseye Walnut I got a couple of years ago. The second one is a piece of Spalted Mango I got from Bill Baumbeck. I am very glad it was stabilized! The third is from some Curley Maple I've had for a while. I decided to try for a nice bright orange since that's a local school color. I used my standard CA/BLO finish on all three pens, but instead of polishing through with Micro Mesh, I buffed them on the Beall wheel instead.

The top two kits are Platinum Junior Gentleman Fountain Pens. The bottom one is the Streamlined Slimline from Berea in chrome.

Scott.

Scott,
Try to increase the resolution on the scanner. I use 300 DPI and then I resize till I just make it under the site limits. I think your scan used less than 8KB and the site allows 90. You could go 10 times bigger and still make it in.

Please, I beg everyone, don't think that I know what I am doing on the computer and scanner. I seem to be stumbling through this stuff. I had to when my son went to college and is now in the civil engineering field. Back in the good old days, I had the perfect computer department right at home. It only took about $100 a week in groceries to keep it going!

I almost forgot, really nice work!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom