New pens and photography

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Not only have I loaded some new pens that I finished this weekend but I am also trying some new photography equipment. I bought a copy stand to mount my camera to, bought a lamp shade to defuse the light and then hooked up three lights aimed around the shade. What do you think? The Pens are a few orders that I just finished. The brown and gold acrylic Jr. Gent I am rather pround of as anyone who has made a Jr. Gent knows that there is not much room for error using a 5/8" blank, they call for at least 3/4" so it can be done. I also used a lot of water to keep everything cool and drilled super slow. I like how the others turnned out also but not as tricky . There are two other Jr. Gents, one with Afzilia Xlay and the other is Red Amboyna Burl which is the most expensive piece of wood that I have ever bought but well worth it. Then there is a Flat top American set with Monkey Pod, a Patriot pen with matching key chain with black acrylic with yellow swirls, a Cocobolo Series 2000 and a Platinum El Grande Streamline with Banded Malachite. I'll be shipping most of them out this afternoon which also brings up a question. How do you all feel when you complete a piece that you worked hard on, are very proud of and then you have to sell or give it away and you probobly will never see it again? Second question, what is the piece that was the hardest to sell or give away?

For me I have mixed feelings, I just love it when something I worked hard on comes out looking good but sometimes I'm a little sad when I know that I'll never see it again. I once made a Walnut Jewerly Box that took me three months to complete. It was eighteen inches wide and twenty four long and sixteen tall. It had a lot of inlay all around the sides and several lift out layers with dividers built in for all of the different types of jewelery to fit into. It was and still is the largest box I have ever made. I turned out great and I didn't mind the two thousand dollars that the guy paid me for it but after spending so much time making it , it was a little hard to give it up.

Wayne

melogic

Wayne,
The pens are very nice. I like the look you get from your new photography set up also. I think natural light is the key, (incadescent not flourescent). I think I'm really beginning to like the Patriot Pen. I have not turned any of these yet, but I'm ordering some next week.

Rudy Vey

Very nice pens. Tough one the acrylic gent jr from a 5/8 blank, they are coming now also in larger sizes. I like your photo quality. Can you show us a picture of your set-up to clarify things.
Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom