New Member from Vancouver, BC! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Anson

Hi everyone!😁

My name is Anson and I'm new to this forum. I was introduced by David aka Alchemist from Instagram to join this forum. Been scrolling through just for a short bit and I love the atmosphere here!

I'm pretty new to wood turning, I started about 6 months ago and found out how much I love turning pens. It all started from my obsession of collecting fountain pens, and I wanted to learn more how these work and how these were made, especially hand made ones! I went into a deep rabbit hole in youtube, just watching how fountain pens work, how they are made, and how many different methods from different countries! I have a huge inspiration from a South Korean pen turner who also specializes silversmithing, Silver Meister, totally check his youtube out!

What's funny is that, my parents would ask me "Why not you start making your own pens? That will cut down on your fountain pen collection!" Yeah, that didn't turn out to be true 😂 Now I have just as many turned pens as my fountain pen collection, and it won't stop growing! I ended up pursuing opening my own Etsy shop in hopes I can sell some of the pens I made so I can get more supplies and fun.

I've made one sale (yay) so far at Etsy and also 2 commissions to make a custom pen. Pretty happy with my progress so far, but I definitely would like to learn how to make resin and hybrid blanks! My goal is to eventually learn how to make my own bespoke fountain pen.

Here are a few of my recently turned pens and some I think are my best work:
MP208 pen kit with hybrid blue blank
20211025_205905[2].jpg

Halloween themed clicky and snap-on pen (orange and purple)
20211023_132449[1].jpg

Heat treated Purpleheart slim kit pen
20210926_185221[1].jpg

Thanks, Alchemist, for introducing me into this forum! Can't wait to explore more and see what I can learn from everyone 😁

Regards,
Anson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Welcome from Colorado! Great pens. The heat-treated purpleheart is interesting!

Top Bottom