new here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

goose

:)hello fella's i quess it was just a matter of time before i wanted to learn about the (material's) to cast swirl color's for call making. what's better than the other.brittle soft an so on an find creative guy's that cast.an would sell me call blank's.an no better place to start then asking the expert's..i got interested in stabilizing my own wood.so though trail an error an yrs of perfecting my process.

this is what i came up with

P7200003.jpg

callingcall2.jpg

PA100004-1.jpg

P1030005-2.jpg

two toned.

alot of guy's were telling me it could'nt be done with reg mean's,
but i was never to be known as a quitter.

hope you enjoy the pic's,
an i'm looking forward to picing your brain's an talking with you.

see-ya
fella's

steve
:)

armyturner it was great talking with you today,keep in touch an let those creative juice's flow....can't wait to see that blank.[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

Fabulous turnings & wood. I think the only thing I can say is that I am sorry you have spent years perfecting your stabilising when the folks on this site could have given you more information than you thought was possible and you could have just spent years turning instead.:)

goose

sbell1,

it's min-wax woodhardner,acrylic dissoved in acetone,mixed equal part's an leather dye.
in a pressure tank at 85 psi than put it in my mason jar set-up's were i pump a vac at 25 from a hand held brake bleeder with dial attached.

i'm not looking for 100 percent acylic but something that will change the sound properties of the wood an weather proof,the call an make it moisture proof.

i can tell the sound resonace change's from wood to the middle like i do it to a fully a professionally done piece from a company..

it's just a different sound..to me anyhow...

see-ya
steve

goose

ruth that would of been great...but how you gonna learn if you don't jump in with gun's blazeing an do all the dirty work first.

i just like experiment with stuff to see if it will actually work.
just hope i don't blow myself up in the process....lol

see-ya
steve

follow3

Hey Goose,

Those are really beautiful!

Are you in need of acrylic blanks for your calls?
I can cast you some, I just need to know what size to make them and what colors you want and how many.

Maybe we could swap for some of those stabilized wood blanks you are making. [:p]

Jarheaded

Did I hear something about an explosion? [}:)] I want in.

That is some nice looking wood. You did a great job. I am just getting everything together to start a vacuum pot to go along with my pressure pots.

Johnnie,

You know you said you didn't trust that pot you have been trying to 'splode, you could always use it as the vacuum chamber. Just get a vacuum gauge, the rigging is the same, 'cept for that Robinair Vpump instead of a compressor.

Jarheaded

Thanks, But that pot is retired. More things were done to that pot than were posted here, so it is now ready for spring flower planting. I have 4 others at this point so I am pretty well set with the pots.

CaptG

How long do you leave blanks in the pressure pot? Vacuum time? Great looking calls. I bought a sound board die couple of years back, made a couple calls. But I keep getting caught up in this addiction with pens.:D

goose

bitshird,
i'm useing a echo poly insert,which i remodify the tone board an the exhaust end,an doing some (secret stuff to the inside of barrel)lol.
for the duck call's-single reed or double reed.
for the goose call's i use my own or bought depend's on what a person want's.

CaptG,
i pre-turn my blank's leaveing them alittle oversized,put them under pressure for a day or two. bleed pressure off slowly.
then tansfer into the mason jar set-up.use thin weather-stripping around the lid,turn the lid on.hook up brake bleeder hand pump with dial..pump half way.open air way/tighten lid.an pump to 25hg.let stand for 2 day's/double check for air leak's.
re-pump until dial does'nt move an stay's steady.

see-ya
steve

i hope i did'nt confuss anyone..[8D]

Top Bottom