New guy from North Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pcooper

Greetings, I've been lurking around for a little while reading and learning from many of the posts on here. This habit, errrrr....hobby sure is addicting. My 16 year old son is also getting addicted to it and loves to turn pens as much as I do. I have a pretty good background in woodworking, have done it for a long time, but in the last year or so we found round is a shape too. I have tried a few of the ideas shown here in some of the great instructional pieces, and so far have had mild success and learned a ton. Thanks for this great resource!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Welcome from N. Texas. We look forward to seeing your work, learning from you, and hoping you enjoy your stay here.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Greetings, I've been lurking around for a little while reading and learning from many of the posts on here. This habit, errrrr....hobby sure is addicting. My 16 year old son is also getting addicted to it and loves to turn pens as much as I do. I have a pretty good background in woodworking, have done it for a long time, but in the last year or so we found round is a shape too. I have tried a few of the ideas shown here in some of the great instructional pieces, and so far have had mild success and learned a ton. Thanks for this great resource!!

Welcome to this hobby/ addiction/ therapy
I am now in the Lumberton area, but my blood is still UT orange
In what area of the Tarheel state do you reside?

pcooper

Welcome to this hobby/ addiction/ therapy
I am now in the Lumberton area, but my blood is still UT orange
In what area of the Tarheel state do you reside?

I'm in the Piedmont area, I have a Maiden address but live closer to Denver NC. I moved here from Middle Tennessee to teach automotive training at NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville. Where I'm at there are just a few native citizens to the area, most everyone is a transplant from somewhere else. Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome!!

Fred

Welcome, Phillip, to the best Forum for instruction, learning, sharing, friendship, etc.

Glad to have you and the son joining the group here. Have fun and post your stuff as it is made.

theartist07

Welcome, good to see someone else from N.C. I'm from Lenoir, near the mountains ; maybe you came through on your way. You can learn plenty from the good folks here.

jim

Top Bottom