New Guy from NJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tage

Just wanted to introduce myself. My 11 year old son was inspired by the recent Wood magazine article on Alex Lesniak. Prior to this, I had done a little bit of flatwork, small projects mostly. My dad donated his lathe, I did lots of research online and we started making pens in September. We're both hooked! My son made enough pens and sold to the friends and family network, to buy himself an iPad. I have to say, it really took off for him. Once people saw his pens, they were blown away by what he could do. He's a bit burned out at this point as he had a bit of a "Christmas rush" for pens. He even spent a few hours in the shop Thanksgiving to fill some orders. I just like making them and giving as gifts, though I'd like to start selling to support my new habit. I'm also hoping to learn to turn bowls and other items.

I wanted to thank all of the folks here for the huge amount of information and inspiration. I'm blown away by the work the members here do. I hope to be able to get to a point where I can proudly post pics as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome to you both to the uncontrollable addiction from West Kentucky. Where in NJ are you located? NJ is a large state and inquiring minds and all.
Charles

bruce119

I too grew up in South Jersey, Backwood a little west of half way between Atlantic City & Phlia.

Welcome lots of great stuff here.

Bruce

Tage

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. This really is international, a welcome all the way from Scotland. Charles, to answer your question, I'm in Morris County - north central part of the state.

Drstrangefart

Welcome from Georgia! My dad got me into turning, and before that all we did was make stuff when we'd hang out. Penturning was a very natural fit, and I'm figuring out where my knack is. It's addictive, and you can get super creative with the most basic supplies.

Tage

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I really can't believe the wealth of good information on this site.

Top Bottom