New "glow in the dark" Dwarf Banksia pod Resifills...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Folks...!

I have made a small batch of these |glow in the dark blanks, I only had a small amount of resin left and a few pods I picked up from my auto-mechanic friend's property, he is the closest and the tree us small, easy reach while the other 2 large trees I found out a few months ago are further away and require a fair size leader to reach the buggers...!

Most are the pods that I could make a full size blanks even though, most are shorter the the 5" but the normal size I use for full size pen blanks, only 4 are shorts 2 at 3"1/2 and 2 at 2"3/4 and 12 of full size.

There are 2 IAP, members that made the request already, I need to know how many each of these members are after, in the circumstances I will allow 4 blanks max. that will fit in a 250gr postal bag for AU$9.00

I have no problem in making a mix match in the 4 blanks pack if someone only wants 1 or 2 of these blanks, and select something else to complete the 250gr. padded envelop...!

Let me know, please...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hello George,

Yes, yes, yes, I want 4 full size glow Banksia blanks please. Send PayPal request please.

Thanks for remembering me!!!

Best Regards,

Gary

Not a problem Gary...!

I have also Bear-31 that contacted me for some and ottotroll that requested that I would advise him when I had some done, I did send him a message yesterday but I'm yet to receive a reply.

Well, the situation is this, I have cast 12 full size and 4 shorts last Friday, so that I would finish the through the weekend to have some for you guys on Monday but, I had some problems, I filled 2 molds with pods and I could swear that the resin I had left in the 1 gallon tin, would be sufficient so, I mixed the whole thing and nearly filled the large glass container I use but, after pouring the resin on one mold to level, I realise that I didn't have enough for both but, far too much resin left to waste.

I normally have some of the single blank or pendants molds, ready with something on them so that I can pour the left over resins but this time, I had nothing so I had to make a quick decision on what to do.

I know that, you just can't hide a resin flat joint, it always show so, and to attempt of not having one mold with 7 blanks half full, I decided to take some resin of the mold that was on the level and divide what I had between the 2 molds and hope that, it would fill just enough to avoid that joint, half way in the blank.

Put then in the pot, both molds just covering the pod, after they spend about 10 minutes vibrating on top of the bandsaw table with the machine turned on. On Saturday morning I open the pressure pot and I realise that I was in troubles, the resin had soaked considerably and needed a top-up, somehow.

I had ordered a 20lt drum of resin on the Thursday before and I wouldn't get it before Monday so, I was stuck, I decided to leave the molds in the pot, put the lid on and pressurized again, trying to avoid the top surface of the resin to set too much. On Monday morning, after I received the drum, I made a new mix and topped the molds and pressurized it again.

The next day, I got the out and done all my normal steps to finish them, leaving them with a coat of varnish, just before dark. I could see that, the best I could do, was not the best I do and the join was there, even though, and by dividing the resin into the 2 molds, I created a level that made the joint to be at the very top (or bottom) of the blanks.

What I mean is, it may be possible that, for most average pen tubes diameter, the joint will be cut away and while it needed to be there to allow enough size to center the drilling at the pods' center, the join and the reason of my disappointment, may never be an issue in the end...!

I used all the pods I had and while I'm not happy with what happened, was no reason to dump them.

Here are the blanks,

001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 003.JPG

and there will be no charge for them, I offer them free of charge, you only pay for the shipping...!:)

Remember, those that had made the request first, have priority, Gary wants 4, Bear-31 wants 2 to 4, and I don't know how many ottotroll, if these 3 guys endup with 4 each, I would have left the 4 shorts shown in the pic or, I give 2 full size and 4 shorts to Bear-31 so that I have 2 full size to give to someone else that will need to select 2 other blanks to fill the 250gr capacity of the padded envelop.

Please, I'm not giving away rubbish, I would be discounting these blanks if I was going to put them on my web-store however, they were made to fulfill some requested I had through IAP therefore, they will stay on IAP and I will pass on a little of the kindness has been given to me lately so, please accept a simple offer...!

Those that are already locked with some of these blanks, can simply Paypal the AU$9.00 (shipping of 250gr, padded envelop) to nyodine@yahoo.com.au and don't forget to put your IAP name on the payment description so that I know, who is who...! If you know that your postal details do not appear on the Paypal transfer, please send me a PM with the address details...!

Thank you...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

ottotroll

Hi George,
I would love to have 4 full size blanks- sorry for not getting back sooner, but 14 hour days at work hav been killing me (too old for that anymore, lol!). Just let me know when tp PayPal, and how much -
Thanks again!
Richard

Glow blanks

George, Sorry you had so much trouble. I would love to have the four full size blanks. Please let me know how much I owe you.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Best regards,

Gary

ottotroll

GEORGE IS AWESOME!

Congratulations, you have unseated Elle MacPherson as my favorite Australian! (but not quite in the same manner)...

Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and kindness - I turned 1/2 of a blank to make a Wall Street II pen (which I love! - I do not think I can give it away, lol...).
George, I will definitely make and donate a pen from your blank to the next "worthy" cause I run into (somehow, since I started turning pens, I keep running into causes, lol).

Congratulations, you have unseated Elle MacPherson as my favorite Australian!

robutacion

GEORGE IS AWESOME!

Congratulations, you have unseated Elle MacPherson as my favorite Australian! (but not quite in the same manner)...

Seriously, I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and kindness - I turned 1/2 of a blank to make a Wall Street II pen (which I love! - I do not think I can give it away, lol...).
George, I will definitely make and donate a pen from your blank to the next "worthy" cause I run into (somehow, since I started turning pens, I keep running into causes, lol).

Hahahahah, what a "strange" choice, I would take her over me, any time...?:wink::biggrin:

OK, that may sound a bit cheesy but, that's not what I mean, capish...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

ottotroll

ok, maybe I was a bit hasty, George, lol!
GEORGE IS AWESOME!

Hahahahah, what a "strange" choice, I would take her over me, any time...?:wink::biggrin:

OK, that may sound a bit cheesy but, that's not what I mean, capish...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom