New - Contest Winners SAY THANKS to donators.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

THANK YOU PENWORKS!

The Shaving brushes arrived this week. This will be a neat new turning project.

Thank you for supporting the IAP Birthday Bash!!!!!!!!

Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
DOOHICKEY DELIGHT!!!!

Many thanks to Mr Ed Davidson:D Just got home to find a pack of doohickies waiting for me!!!!!
Our postal service managed to rip the corner of the padded envelope but fortunately Ed had them inside another bag. Phew!!!

I am also extremely glad that Mr Davidson ( YoYoSpin ) can't count either:D

I think I'm gonna have to sneak some time off work[}:)]:D

Thanks Ed!!!:D

Draken

Here's an early thank you to Grizzly for the lathe. I received the gift certificate yesterday and ordered the lathe today. It ships by motor freight, so I'll need to take a day off next week for delivery. I did have to kick in about $10 to cover the balance, seems the lathe and shipping went up at the first of the year. Ten bucks for a new lathe, I can live with that! :D Now I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas, just waiting for the freight company to call with my new toy. [:p]

Originally posted by Draken

Here's an early thank you to Grizzly for the lathe. I received the gift certificate yesterday and ordered the lathe today. It ships by motor freight, so I'll need to take a day off next week for delivery. I did have to kick in about $10 to cover the balance, seems the lathe and shipping went up at the first of the year. Ten bucks for a new lathe, I can live with that! :D Now I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas, just waiting for the freight company to call with my new toy. [:p]

Tell you what, James. I'll send you a 20-spot and come pick up the lathe from your house. You end up making an easy 10 clams, I get a new lathe for 20 bucks and everyone wins!!! Deal?

Chuck Key

One more Trivia Question:

1. Other than Penworks who won the January 22 trivia contest?

2. What was the prize?

3. Many thanks should go to what company for donating the prize?

Answers below :) therefore, no prize[V]

200827191919_trivia.gif

Thanks again Crafts Supplies USA

Chuckie

Thanks to Joe Collazo at

<center>Turncrafts</center>

(http://www.turncrafts.com/) for sending me his Kit #1A, also known as the Finish Mandrel Set A. It comes with a mandrel, three Delrin bushings, a lock collar, a set screw and a hex wrench. I didn't have one of these before, so now I feel rich.

Thanks for supporting IAP, Joe, and thanks for supporting my habit.

Draken

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Originally posted by Draken

Tell you what, James. I'll send you a 20-spot and come pick up the lathe from your house. You end up making an easy 10 clams, I get a new lathe for 20 bucks and everyone wins!!! Deal?

Hmm, my spidy sense is telling me I should pass on this "offer". Nice try though! [^]

jhs494

I just recieved my 3/8" Kyro spindle gouge from Craft Supplies USA.
Wow it is really nice! Thanks Craft Supplies USA

E-mail also sent to Craft Supplies USA thanking them.

GBusardo

Thanks to the Woodlvr for the great selection of blanks he donated that I got in the mail today for winning a trivia contest. I can't wait to turn some pens using them.
:D:D:D
I also want to thank the whole forum for having such a great party!!
Thanks again

rstought

Passed Away Nov 11, 2016
In Memoriam
Received the molds today, which is the first half of my donation drawing prize (the Alumilite starter kit and two silicone molds). Many thanks to Matt Huss for donating such a cool prize - I've been toying with the idea of trying out casting, so now I have no excuse not to jump right in (to the process of casting, that is, not the casting itself. Although the molds aren't quite THAT big, I figured I ought to clarify that, just in case...;)

wudnhed

Got my Ren Wax from Craft Supplies USA yesterday. I have a show coming up this weekend so I will be trying it today, can't wait. Thanks so much for supporting the IAP!

GoodTurns

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

I swear, none of you got the email's right..I said to mail the prizes to ME! :D

Sorry, we are following Jeff's lead...we pack it up, put your address on it, drive to the Post Office, and throw the package back in the car:D

melogic

I would like to say Thank You to Victor Lewandowski at Landfilllumber
for the box of wood blanks. I will put them to good use in a few weeks, hopefully.

prpldodge

I would also like to say thanks to MLKWoodworking for donating the Novus Polishing Kit. It sure makes my pens shine. And thanks to all for a great site as well

Alan

JayDevin

Today My Prize for the penmakers challenge arrived!

THanks to all, I will look forward to finding something that I "need" at craft supply!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
This is a big Thank You to Eric (Sylvanite) for the rifle cartridges with bullet nib. I can hardly restrain myself from heading for the deer antler! Thanks Eric.

PenWorks

Originally posted by gketell

Thanks to Anthony Turchetta aka Penworks for my awesome 14K fountain pen nib!!

Now if I just knew what I got it for. ;)

GK

I don't know either [:0] They just told me to send it to you :)
Must have been your good looks :D
I hope you find good use for it. :)

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I've got no words for the blanks I just recieved from Keith Larrett (VisExp) for the last trivia win. There were a bunch of different blanks that would have been great by themselves. BUT on top of that bunch were some great segmented ones including a celtic cross, herringbone, cocobolo with soda can alum, and more!! When I get the nerve to turn one I will post it and identify it as a gift from Keith. I am officially requesting that I be allowed to win Keith's blanks next year during the 5th birthday bash.[8D][:p] Many, many thanks Keith.

M

Mudder

I had a nice box from Chris Allen A.K.A. Kalai (Koa wood Hawaii) I had to count it three times because there was a LOT more than 50 blanks in the box.

Thank you Chris!

I hope I can do them justice.

wudnhed

Thanks Albert Kiebert AKA exoticwo

I got some great blanks in the mail today, they will make beautiful pens. Some of these blanks I've never even heard of before. Thanks again Albert for your great prizes!

IPD_Mrs

Hello All,

I received my parting tool from CraftSupplies USA today. I haven't even every HELD a Henry Taylor Tool before and all I can say is WOW. At first I was a little nervous about it because the handle is so large.... but the difference in how they are weighted even compared to my Sorby's are amazing. I just wanted to say a big

<center>Thanks</center>

to everyone for their efforts, donations and other contributions during the birthday bash. I really had a great time.

[:X] Mrs.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
A Very Big Thank You goes out to Craft Supplies for my Huge bottle of Mylands Friction Polish!

Thank you so much, and it is great to see such a wonderful Supplier supporting the birthday bash!

Draken

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Today was supposed to be the day I received my lathe from Gizzly, but UPS Freight has lost the package. They "hope it will show up tomorrow" and "aren't quite sure where it currently is". Sure hope it shows up tomorrow, I've already moved my old lathe so the new one will have the prime spot on my work bench. Here's hoping...[B)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've always liked dealing with CSUSA. They are simply light years ahead in customer service than ANY of our UK vendors.
I won a $25 gift voucher and although I didn't add much to it, Lynda Glade at CS has really gone out of her way to make it easy for me.
She is also holding the stuff for delivery to coincide with my upcoming visit to USA. Just great!!!!!:D

I wish CSUSA all the best for the future. We have a company by the same name here that is going down the tubes. If they acted like CSUSA then they could have made a killing instead of dying themselves.

Draken

HUGE thanks go out to Grizzly for their donation of the lathe. It was delivered on Friday, and I've already put it to work on a couple of projects. I'll try to get some photos of it posted here soon.

:D:D:D

johncrane

To Ruth Niles thank you very much l do appreciate your gift of bottle Stoppers also Ruth l don't know if you seen my post, l did post a thank you when the stoppers arrived but in the wrong place sorry about that l am a bit brain dead some times never mind, the stoppers have made the long journey and they are very well made and look fantastic thanks again Ruth.:D:D;)

Draken

As promised, here's photos of the wonderful lathe donated by Grizzly.
200821917557_GrizzlyLatheCS.jpg

And here's what my workbench looks like now. The Grizzly holds the place of honor. My old lathe is the buffing lathe in the middle, and the lathe up on blocks is my Brother-in-Law's.
200821918315_WorkbenchCS.jpg

I've already done a couple of projects on the new lathe, one can be seen on the table beneath the Grizzly in the first photo. It needs a couple more finish coats before I post it.

[^]

Draken

Another Thank You to send out, this time to Slick (Austin). He sent me a great selection of blanks, including a couple I haven't had the privilege of turning yet. They are some mighty fine blanks, and I look forward to using them. Thank you for them, and for supporting the Birthday Bash and Pen Makers Challenge. :) Now just hope the DC area gets enough snow on Friday to close down work, and I'll be able to spend some time in the shop.

Cheers!

Top Bottom