New - Contest Winners SAY THANKS to donators.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

We received our package of Corian today from Ron Schmitt and want to thank him for his wonderful donation to the IAP Birthday Bash.

<center>THANKS RON</center>

We are going to learn something new now!!! We haven't used Corian before and will be more than willing to have input from others who have ideas or directions to point us in... we have a couple of general ideas but no clue on turning etc. These squares are of all different colors and are really AWESOME so we want to make sure we use them in the best way possible!!!

Mike & Linda

wudnhed

Mike, I have used Corian and it turns great. I glued different colored pieces together and made a couple bottle stoppers, they sold quickly. Have fun!

airrat

If you turn a few pieces you will get practice in sharpening your tools. :D

I like working with corian. I use it for segments mostly and slimlines. I should do some segmented bottle stoppers.

Scott

Hey Guys!

Thanks for reminding people to say Thank You!

Corian is such a nice plastic. It is just very well behaved! A favorite pen of mine, one I make over and over, and never get tired of, is a black Corian Slimline, using the black enamel kit from PSI. Black on black! I think you will enjoy using this material!

Scott.

DocStram

Hey Mrs MLK ..... when it's my turn to be the Trivia Meister .. please be certain to let me know which answer is being submitted by you. (Don't let Mr see this) ;):D:D

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by DocStram

Hey Mrs MLK ..... when it's my turn to be the Trivia Meister .. please be certain to let me know which answer is being submitted by you. (Don't let Mr see this) ;):D:D

I generally submit both of our answers together when I post them. More often than not we are in agreement and therefore submit only once. When we submit more than one it is because we can't agree on the answer. In that case I am ALWAYS the one with the RIGHT answer!!!! ;)[}:)]:D

[:X] Mrs.

Malainse

A big Thank You to Bob Younghusband ( Byounghusband) for the blanks that I received in the mail today.... For being a loser in the Pen and Penturner Contest

Most of them I have never turned before so was a great prize for being a loser.....:D

Thanx again....

n7blw

I received a nice pile of blanks today from OKLAHOMAN for being a trivia winner. Thanks a bunch, Roy. The Amboyna will be saved for a very special pen. I'm not sure what I'll put the cactus on, but it, too, will be special.

bobskio2003

I just wanted to publicly thank Jason Thompson (jthompson1995) for the wonderful pen blanks he donated for the trivia contest, that I actually won. It even included a couple of nice snakewood blanks, that I hope to garner enough courage to try. Thanks once again Jason. Bob Ireland

Jarheaded

I wanted to send out a special THANK YOU to Ed Davidson AKA YoYoSpin For the beautiful DooHickeys that he sent to me. I mentioned to him that I would be sending some out to the troops in Iraq and he kindly sent a few extras. I can't tell you how good that made me feel.Due to his genorosity, I am going to be able to send some great looking,very different pens out.Thank you so much Ed. Semper Fi
I also wanted to thank everyone that has donated in some way to the troops in combat situations, whether it was sent through me or in some other way. I have a brother and a nephew over in Iraq and have recently found out that my son is going over soon too. This war has effected us all in some way and I ask that everyone say just a little prayer in some way for all our soldiers to come home safe and soon.
Thank you all,
John Pabian USMC Retired
AKA Jarheaded

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you Joe (jcollazo) for the delrin CA spreaders and assorted pieces. I'll think of you the next time I DON'T glue my fingers to a blank! [8D]

wood-of-1kind

Thank you Ed (ed4copies) for kindly donating the wonderful "metallic" blanks and sending them out to me. They look great and they will be fun to turn. I thought for sure that you were sending me a personalised ED-o"mug"[:eek:)] instead. Glad that you changed your mind and sent the blanks.:D

Kindest regards,
-Peter-:)

kcordon

Gary,

I got a WONDERFUL box of Blanks today thanks to your great generosity. I am anxious to try some of them and as soon as it gets above freezing in the garage, er shop I am going to turn some pens with these.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this Birthday Bash.

Kevin

drawknife

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

We are going to learn something new now!!! We haven't used Corian before and will be more than willing to have input from others who have ideas or directions to point us in...

It glues well to acrylics rather seemlessly with CA.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by pssherman

I want to thank Nolan (n4631x) for the beautiful blanks he sent to me as a prize in the "name the reindeer contest".

Paul in AR

A second big thank you to Nolan (n4631x) for the package of blanks he provided as a prize in the Dear Santa contest. Spectacular blanks, thanks again.

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie all those blanks!

Chuckie

kirkfranks

I got a package from Anthony Turchetta in the mail today:D:D:D

Thank you to Anthony for the great "Ink Supplies."
A bottle of Private Reserve and also Schneider Cartridges.
Last but not least he also included a bottle of InkNix (remover) which came in quite handy when I went to change out the ink in my wife's fountain pen[B)] That stuff really works good.

Thanks again Anthony.

kirkfranks

Well I guess I may be first to post twice on consecutive days (is that a gloat?)

I received a package from (Joe JHS494) with the prize for the Jan 12 Trivia contest. Some mighty beautiful pen blanks. A great assortment of domestic and import hardwoods.
I think the most figured Black Walnut Crotch wood I have ever seen.
I will really enjoy these.

Thanks Joe for your support of IAP and the great prize package.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Another thanks to Ed Davidson, YoYoSpin, for the doohickies. Can hardly wait to incorporate them into a pen, but it will have to wait until I get some S/O flat work out of the way.

Rob

A big thank you to Eric (Sylvanite) for the cartridge pens he donated to the trivia contest. Now I have to decide what other material and kit platings are needed to complete them. If I decide to use antler, at least I know how to make it nice and white! Thanks again.

Rob
(ex-IAP Loser)

UKpenmaker

Its my turn to thank various people for their hard work and donations.

A Big to Tommy (Tbone) for the extra effort he has had to put in in sending me some Antler (Winging its way to me as we speak) as a prize for a triva question. It was really nice emailing back and forth, especially about where we both live and the similar interests that we both have, apart from turning pens:).

A thank you also to Lynda At Craft Supplies for helping sort out my order and using my gift certificate i won in the Modified Slimline contest. Also to Scott for helping me out to redeem the voucher.

Another one goes out to Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods for his gift voucher, i have just put in an order with him also. Please don't tell the wife[B)].

I have emailed these two companies, thanking them greatly for there support and generousity for our 4th BB.

And last but NOT least all those who are in some way or another helping out in this years Birthday Bash. Either donating prizes, organising the competitions and questions or just keeping the whole thing running smoothly you are doing a great job.:D Give yourselves a big pat on the back.

Stevej72

Thank you to Blind_squirrel for the box of blanks I got for honorable mention in the penmakers challenge week 2. What an awesome assortment, and great suprise to find them in the mail when I got home. I can't wait to get into the shop. It looks like I will have to go down to Rapid City tomorrow so probably won't get any work done until this weekend. Of course, with being out of town all week there will probably be a weekend full of honey-do's for me.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Originally posted by Rob

A big thank you to Eric (Sylvanite) for the cartridge pens he donated to the trivia contest. Now I have to decide what other material and kit platings are needed to complete them. If I decide to use antler, at least I know how to make it nice and white! Thanks again.

Rob
(ex-IAP Loser)
Wow.. another big thank you to Eric. I got a set of these too. Along with great instructions. I'll post soon, as I'm going to make one of these into a pen for my FIL's 60th birthday. He'll get a kick out of the uniqueness of this. (I can guarantee the top won't be antler on mine - the family would revolt and take away all my nice tools!)

Draken

A big thank you goes out to Ed (ed4copies) for the wonderful assortment of Metallic resin blanks as well as the Onyx and Amber blanks. They all look great, and it will be a nice little challenge to get the metallic blanks to fit a baron. I think I'm going to drill these on the lathe. Thank you again for the nice selection of blanks!

jhs494

WOW! I am speechless! I just received the box of blanks from Dan a.k.a gokartergo and it is outstanding!
There is everything from A to Z. This box is sooo heavy! I think he packed every last square inch.

What a great prize.

Thanks Dan!
It is truly guys like you that make the IAP great!

wendell

I just received a box of blanks donated by Janet (jssmith3). I didn't realize you could fit that many blanks in a flat rate box!!! Janet, you must be a puzzle master because I couldn't fit them all back in the same box once I was done drooling/looking at them. Lots of woods I've never turned before. Thank you very much.

Wendell

stevers

Hi All,
I just received my prize for the trivia contest. It's a set of BOW pen boxes from kent4Him. They are absolutely beautiful.
Thanks to kent4Him (Christopher) for donating to the birthday bash.

I am going to post a couple of photos over at "Casual Conv." if you want to see them.

DozerMite

Banned
I would like to thank CSUSA for donating to the birthday bash.
I received my prize for the trivia contest, a 3/8" gouge. I will try it out as soon as I get my lathe back together and running again.

DozerMite

Banned
Originally posted by stevers

I just got a nice box of blanks from Cathy Sue. They are posted with my BOW boxes topic on Casual Con.

DozerMite, you got my gouge huh? :D

Yep, it's pretty nice. Can't wait to try it.[:p]

Top Bottom