New - Contest Winners SAY THANKS to donators.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

I would like to thank Mike and Linda at MLKWoodWorking for the brass ager I recieved today.Great product and I cant wait to try it on my tubes. Have a few acrylics been waiting on painting , now I dont have to!:D

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've just received an amazing assortment of top grade prime blanks from Tuba707 ( Joel Jenkins ):D:D
We have a word in the UK that goes someway describing my excitement...

GOBSMACKED

I haven't even heard of the names of most of them before. :D

Joel, thank you very very much:D I'll do my best with them!!!!

txbatons

A special big THANK YOU to Bob Miner (Fritz64), who donated blanks for the trivia contest. I received a nify little box last night crammed full of all sorts of blanks, most of which I haven't used before! Each one is labled and one even has a suggestion for a kit plating that would look nice.

Very cool stuff to receive just because I knew how much IAP underwear costs!! :D

Thanks Bob!

splinter99

I would like to thank Joe Collazo for the finishing kit, I cant wait to try it out. And also a special thank you to NavyDiver for the nice box of blanks he sent me. And one more to all of you folks who put this together..It has been a lot of fun and Im sure a lot of hard work went on behind the scene to make this happen

PenWorks

Just got a nice surprise today in the mail. A nice batch of assorted pen blanks from Bob Ireland [:p]
Thanks Bob, I'll do may best to make some saw dust out of them :)

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks to Frank Fusco(Rifleman1776) for a great assortment of blanks most of which I didn't have! I will try to do justice to them (although it will take me a while because there is a generous amount of them).

Roy99664

I recieved my trivia prize from Alumilite today. Can't wait to try it.

I would like to thank the Alumilite folks for their contribution, and thanks to all who had a part in this Birthday Bash. It's been great fun!

A special thanks to Andrew (Maxwell_smart007) for going the extra mile in getting my prize shipped up here to the frozen North.

Thanks Everyone!

PenWorks

What a great month, :) sorry to see it end. Thanks to all the donaters of prizes and folks who took the time to put this together, takes a lot of people, time and work. I have to say this was the best BASH yet [:p]

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you VERY much Ken!! I look forward to buying a ton of your awesome engraving. Well, at least as much of a ton as $100 will afford me. :D

GK

karlkuehn

Banned
Hey, thanks Curtis (MequiteMan) and Rod (Wolfdancer) and the MLK group (Mike and Linda)! I can't wait to see the wood from Curt and Rob, and I've heard good things about using that brass ager for blackening tubes, that's all good stuff. Thanks you guys for donating, really makes digging through the lint trap worthwhile!

Now, I gotta go clean out some worm holes for Curtis. It'll be fun to compare the Worthless master's stuff against my own, just to see how that Alumilite really holds up next to my PR. hehe

Thanks! :D

GaryMGg

Thanks to Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods for the Gift Certificate I won; I placed an order and it was shipped the next morning. I'm really lookin' forward to tryin' the Sierra click pen and some of his blanks.

alamocdc

Since I don't yet know what I won, I'll simply send a great big THANK YOU! to all the contributors. Y'all are just one of the things that make this a great place to hang out.:)

GaryMGg

I owe thanks again. This weekend, I received a beautiful parting tool from Craft Supplies USA and a box from Mike and Linda Kennedy which I haven't opened yet. Also, the order I placed with Ernie arrived in nothing flat!

It's just great to see all the support this site gets. What a fine community. [^] :D

Draken

40 Thank you's goes out to Proud_Papa_of_2 (Michael) for the 40 magnets from the Contest within a Contest on Jan. 29th Trivia Question. I've already started turning a Bocote refridgerater manget for my wife to use with some of my daughter's artwork. :D

I was checking out their website, they have some interesting magnets in some unusual shapes and sizes. Are you a distributor?

RonSchmitt

Just got my trivia contest Box-O-Blanks from Rob ( Robert Krauer ),
and all I can say is WOW! Thanks Rob. :D Now I will HAVE to start buying some higher end kits in order to do right by the blanks he sent. ( a LOT more practice probably would'nt hurt either[B)])

jhs494

I just received a huge box of blanks from Rob a.k.a great12b4ever and it is spectacular! Thanks Rob! There is over fifty blanks of all types. What a great contest prize.

Thanks again Rob, and thanks to all who contributed to such a fun Birthday bash and outstanding trivia contest.

GoodTurns

A HUGE Thank You to Karl for the beautiful box o' blanks from the donation drawing! Not a scrap in the whole box, everything looks great (including the ones I can't pronounce!):D

great12b4ever

I received my box of Aussie blanks donated by Serge(Darley), and they are fantastic! Thanks for these, and now I have to get back into the shop and turn these. But Serge, you did create a problem for me. LOML saw the blanks and really liked the looks of several of them. So I have been instructed to turn some special pens for her out of those, and to BUY more of the same!! :D:D

Thanks for the blanks Rob

Scott-n-KY

Got a package of really cool blanks and pen kits from SKIPRAT today. Great stuff!!! I have been looking through your photo albums on here and I only hope someday to have 1/10th the talent and skill you have. Thanks Steve for your generosity.

Darley

Originally posted by great12b4ever

I received my box of Aussie blanks donated by Serge(Darley), and they are fantastic! Thanks for these, and now I have to get back into the shop and turn these. But Serge, you did create a problem for me. LOML saw the blanks and really liked the looks of several of them. So I have been instructed to turn some special pens for her out of those, and to BUY more of the same!! :D:D

Thanks for the blanks Rob

Glad you like the blanks Rob next time don't show Aussie woob to your LOYL,and uf you want some more you know where to go:D, please post picture of finished pens, Thanks

Sylvanite

Thanks Gary (GaryMGg) for a very nice package of blanks, including a couple of really pretty burls. I'll enjoy making pens out of them.

And, thanks to everyone who manages, supports, and participates on the IAP site. It has been an invaluable resource for me. I hope to help it stay strong.

Regards,
Eric

Originally posted by Draken

40 Thank you's goes out to Proud_Papa_of_2 (Michael) for the 40 magnets from the Contest within a Contest on Jan. 29th Trivia Question. I've already started turning a Bocote refridgerater manget for my wife to use with some of my daughter's artwork. :D

I was checking out their website, they have some interesting magnets in some unusual shapes and sizes. Are you a distributor?

James -

You're certainly welcome and, no, I'm not a distributor. That's one of the few jobs I haven't had in this lifetime, although I feel like Shirley McLaine and I were partners in a magnet distributorship in a prior life.

Funny story about the magnets. My house has those fake mullions that sit on top of the windows to give the illusion of real mullions. They're always falling out because they are poorly fastened to the casing with pins. Over time, they've broken and we can't find a reliable source for replacement, so I thought I'd make my own. To keep them in place, I came up with the brilliant idea of embedding earth magnets in the ends and in the casing. So, I bought 400 magnets in anticipation of the project ahead. That was about four years ago.

NCWoodworker

Thank you to KMS Tools!!! I received, not one, but two sets of turning tools for week 3 of the penmaker's challenge. They are nice sets that are geared toward small turnings. The one set will be perfect for generally turning pens. The second set has a very small (aka thin) profile, so it will be perfect for turning beads, coves or any other embellishments...

Thanks KMS TOOLS!

Regards,
Chris

NCWoodworker

Ed (YoYoSpin)

I received a nice little package today of your 3D EPR DooHickey embellishments. These are really sweet and I cannot wait to turn them. Thank you very much!

For those unfamiliar with Ed's Plastic Resin doohickey's, you can see examples of them here. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29776&SearchTerms=epr,doohickey Yes, he even included the dice embellishments and some of the flower embellishments....can't wait to use them...look for pix to follow :)

Regards,
Chris Mathes

Originally posted by fiferb

Thanks Proud Papa of 2 for the magnets I received. My mind is churning to dream up projects for these. Can't wait to get started.

You are most welcome, Bruce. Just don't put them in the microwave. DAMHIKT.

RonSchmitt

Thanks to Proud_Poppa_of_2, I was able to keep my "wingman" at work occupied for about 2 hours and out of my hair.
Thanks for the magnets, gonna put em to good use.

OKLAHOMAN

<center>Thanks DocStram</center>

now you've gone and done it I've got the USPS pissed at me. My mailperson (being politically correct)drove up to my curb with a box of blanks that the good Doc was kind enough to donate to my winning trivia answer. The box was so stuffed with great wood that the mailperson strained his/her pinkey and is demanding from now on that all packages from Macon Ga. be shipped by a freight company or I have Charles Atlas waiting at the curb to bring to my door.
Doc thanks a lot I will make something special out of that snakewood[:p]. And be on the look out for the "Bounder".<center></center>

Originally posted by RonSchmitt

Thanks to Proud_Poppa_of_2, I was able to keep my "wingman" at work occupied for about 2 hours and out of my hair.
Thanks for the magnets, gonna put em to good use.

That's a new "use" for the magnets, Ron. Did you get all 80 back at the end of the two hours? :)

wudnhed

<center>Thanks jcollazo</center>

Got my mandrel & bushings today you sent for the ugly pen contest (gotta love those delrin bushings). I didn't have an A Mandrel so I can put it to good use. Thanks again for your generous prize.

Top Bottom