New Alabama Member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sseamen

Hi! I'm Steve Seamen from Huntsville, AL. I currently develop training programs for certain Army computer platforms (sys admin training, that sort of thing). I am a retired Army Warrant Officer (911),and a member of the US Army Warant Officers Association here in Huntsville. I sort of got tricked into volunteering for a Freedom Pen Turnathon and I'm extremely happy it happened. I turned my first pen at the Redstone Craftshop 'Intro to Woodturning' class last February and I'm still learning. Actually, I'm still learning how much there is to learn. I have a Harbor Freight mini lathe that I bought in April and I've been using it hard (but hopefully putting it away dry :) ).

I've been having some problems and I hope this is the group to help me sort them out. I will, however post that as a thread in another forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Steve, Glad to have someone from the Huntsville area. I'm up in Harvest area, if you ever want to drop by and talk turning or just sit by the fire and drink some coffee drop me a PM and come on up. I too have only been turning pens but let me tell you this is the site to answer any question you might have. You have been turning pens longer than I so get ready to give me some pointers. I'm also Army retired, 94Z. See ya, Gary

sseamen

Steve, Glad to have someone from the Huntsville area. I'm up in Harvest area, if you ever want to drop by and talk turning or just sit by the fire and drink some coffee drop me a PM and come on up. I too have only been turning pens but let me tell you this is the site to answer any question you might have. You have been turning pens longer than I so get ready to give me some pointers. I'm also Army retired, 94Z. See ya, Gary

Gary,
Do you ever get to the Turn-A-Thons on post? This month's may be delayed or postponed with Boice's family sorrows, but I imagine we will get going again next month at the latest. It's fun to get a bunch or turners together to kibitz each others work while being productive and supporting the troops.

SGM Retired

Steve,

I was on post today and stopped by the craft shop and hear of Boice's son, so sad. I have not turned any on post just at my shop. I have ventured up to Louis' house north of here but that's all. They said today it might be a while before turning at the craft shop sue to both instructors are out. Will send you a PM with my contact information and maybe we can get together and talk shop. See ya. Gary

Top Bottom