NEJE 1500 issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I recently purchased a NEJE 1500 and am having some issues with it that I can't find an answer to here. I'm also looking into the NEJE Master Engraver facebook page too but I was hoping someone here would be able to help.
What's happening is that instead of burning a picture or word it basically burns something that doesn't come lose to resembling the image. It comes out, usually, as a straight line. I've tried messing with the burn time, reduced the image, different fonts and none have had a good result. I'm beginning to think I've missed something in the wonderful ( 😂 ) instructions they provide. Anybody have any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikeyt

I had a similar issue that it would almost get stuck on an axis I used compressed air and made sure all axis's moved right to left and from to back of the tray and the laser it helped not sure if that is what is happening for your issue or not but worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

I had a similar issue that it would almost get stuck on an axis I used compressed air and made sure all axis's moved right to left and from to back of the tray and the laser it helped not sure if that is what is happening for your issue or not but worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Thanks for the info. I take my compressor to it and check to make sure everything is lubricated and clean. Might just do the trick. Thanks again.

Noooo! I'm good! But good luck with your new electric paper weight! 😁 Just joking!

You're probably right, Chuck. I think it will make a nice paper weight, or maybe a small boat anchor. Thankfully I got it on sale so I saved around $100.00 compared to what they're going for now. So I don't feel really bad about the purchase but it is annoying to buy something and then have it not work. Live and learn!

hooked

I had the same issue. Are you using the Pace jig? I found that the supplied rubber band was not applying enough tension to turn the mandrel properly. I bet if you apply a little more tension it might improve. I added a little paper under the band at the front and taped a large bushing to give the band more tension. This got the mandrel turning better for me. I'm sure there are better fixes, but this quick one worked to get me going.

IMG_2410.jpg

I had the same issue. Are you using the Pace jig? I found that the supplied rubber band was not applying enough tension to turn the mandrel properly. I bet if you apply a little more tension it might improve. I added a little paper under the band at the front and taped a large bushing to give the band more tension. This got the mandrel turning better for me. I'm sure there are better fixes, but this quick one worked to get me going.

View attachment 230318

I'm not sure what a Pace jig is so I'll have to find that out. Maybe I missed something but is the table supposed to move also because mine doesn't. If that's the case you might have solved the problem for me. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the info.

hooked

I'm not sure what a Pace jig is so I'll have to find that out. Maybe I missed something but is the table supposed to move also because mine doesn't. If that's the case you might have solved the problem for me. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the info.

Sorry. I think I assumed that you were using it with a rotary jig on a pen. It is called the Bob Pace rotary jig. It is the jig that came with my laser to engrave on pens.

Yes, the red table moves. You want to make sure your piece is attached to the table while engraving. I use a rubber band to hold it in place as you can see in the picture. The table moves in very small increments so it may be tough to see. In the software, you can click the button that looks like a box (image below) and the laser and table will move to outline where your engraving would go. If you do that and nothing moves, something is defective.

pic2.jpg

Sorry. I think I assumed that you were using it with a rotary jig on a pen. It is called the Bob Pace rotary jig. It is the jig that came with my laser to engrave on pens.

Yes, the red table moves. You want to make sure your piece is attached to the table while engraving. I use a rubber band to hold it in place as you can see in the picture. The table moves in very small increments so it may be tough to see. In the software, you can click the button that looks like a box (image below) and the laser and table will move to outline where your engraving would go. If you do that and nothing moves, something is defective.

View attachment 230369

Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Well? Dang!! What happened?
I'm looking at "maybe" getting a laser... but I need to know more before I do!

Nothing!!! All it did was aggravate me. So I put it back in the tote and will try again when I won't let it get to me. Probably operater error so don't let my experience affect your decision.

SteveJ

I've had success with the 1500 using the pen jig. I also have a master series which I got at Christmas and haven't had time to work with. If I were to get only one I would go with the master series and purchase or make a rotary jig for it. The 1500 series is limited in the size of engraving possible as well as having limited power. It does work well for engraving wood pens. I got the master series for the larger engraving area. If you decide to purchase one, I recommend nmclasers - the owner is very helpful and will make sure you are up and running. Beware that there are some "clones" which are not running the same software so do your research before buying. TShadow (Magicbob) sells the jig for both versions.

Tom, I didn't actually see this original thread, and suspect others didn't as well. I am willing to try and troubleshoot with you so that you can begin to use yours.

MDWine

I've had success with the 1500 . . . also have a master series which I got at Christmas. . . I would go with the master series . . . I recommend nmclasers - the owner is very helpful . . . TShadow (Magicbob) . . .

Thanks for the info Steve!! I really appreciate it. I've a lot of research to do, and this will shorten the learning curve considerably!

Top Bottom