Need a free DVD burning program???What should I use???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have windows and i want to burn video from an old trip out west.My buddy has it on DVD I just need to copy it for myself.We took a road trip at about 23 years old for almost two weeks and drove to the west north corner of the US what great time.Thank,Victor

Lenny

I used to use Easy CD Creator. I have a bunch of old disc now that I can't access thanks to it's Direct Cd feature.
I have since switched to Nero. I believe you can download and use it free for 30 days. Might be all the time you need for what you want to do.

juteck

Windows Movie Maker is free....Windows DVD is included in some versions of Vista.

Search the microsoft website for details.

Last edited:

Scott

I use Burn Aware. It's a free program that is basic and easy to use. It burns both CD's and DVD's. It also has a nice ISO burning utility built in. It has become my main burning software. I have never had a problem with it.

Scott.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Google " free nero download" there are a bunch of options.

Last night I needed to copy a few dvd's and realized Nero is good for cd's but not dvd's. I then remembered a few programs I've used in the past. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Run Shrink first then Decrypter. I've never found a dvd I couldn't copy.

Both programs are free with no time bombs. I highly recommend them.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/DVD-Shrink.shtml

http://dvd-decrypter.en.softonic.com/

Lenny

Nero works just fine with dvds. You just have to use the correct program within Nero for what you are trying to do!
Now if your trying to copy a copy protected disc that's a whole different thing!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Now if your trying to copy a copy protected disc that's a whole different thing!

And VERY illegal...copyright infrigement, ie, theft. Any discussion about copying copy protected disks will be immediately deleted without warning. Any such discussion is not appropriate per out AUP and TOS.

Curtis O. Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
You're not allowed to copy any copyrighted media, but if you buy it you are permitted to create a backup. The laws are very strict about piracy and it's not worth the headaches involved.

toolcrazy

Nero works just fine with dvds. You just have to use the correct program within Nero for what you are trying to do!

I used to be a fan of Roxio, the I have problems with it crashing everytime I turned around. Deleted it and bought Nero and haven't had a problem since.

another I use is called Alcohol 120%, it is a little more geared for an experienced user, but it is a great program. Plus, it has a free version and if you buy you get lifetime of free upgrades.

Top Bottom