My turn to gloat...lots of pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This is how I've set up my pot. I was going to copy others but I knew it would just be a matter of time or distraction that made me open the wrong valve.[:I]:( My compressor has a regulated output so I did away with the one supplied with the pot.

This pic show the two Hanson connectors, one for the gauge and the other the input hose. I kept the supplied relief valve.

200771512140_pot1.jpg

This pic shows the gauge I will probably use for now. It is good for pressure or vacuum.

200771512358_pot2.jpg

This pic shows how I substituted the dial gauge for an electronic transducer and digital gauge so I could test the pot before use. There is no pressure in the tank at the moment.
200771512538_pot3.jpg

This pic show the inside of the lid. I have removed the sealing ring so that I could heat up the thread sealant and remove the tube. I fitted the elbow on the inside to divert airflow. I also cleaned the recess for the seal.

200771512846_pot4.jpg

Here I have cleaned and lubricated both sides of the seal before putting it back
2007715121245_pot5.jpg

This is the vacuum I achieved after about 4 minutes. I was too impatient to see how long it would hold, but I had no change after 3 hours, so I'm happy with that.
2007715121412_pot6.jpg

Next I wanted to prove the pressure relief valve. It opened at about <s>75psig</s> 75psi abs and then I removed the input hose. The valve stayed open till about <s>70psig</s>70psi abs. It kept this pressure for 3 hours as well so I'm happy.

2007715122047_pot7.jpg

And finally, before I go and play with it, I cut a hole in one of my benches and dropped it in, so that I couldn't knock it over. I'll make a neater hole and a replacable flush disc to close the hole later

2007715122336_pot8.jpg

Edited the psig to psi abs and I think Hanson could be Hansen, before the sharp eyed folks spot it[:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Nice job Steve or Steven?
Love the hole in the table. Unfortunately I don't have that type of room, don't have a bench to sacrifice that way. That would be great for mine, being a little top heavy. I also have never heard of a Hanson connector. Think I've seen them somewhere before, but I cant think where.
I just took the easy way out and cut off the tube. Made sure and cut it short enough so it didn't touch the bench when the lid was off the tank. Now the lid sits flat on the bench.
Keep us up to date as you progress. And hope you have better luck with your first cast then I did.[:I][:I][:)][:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Andrew, yep I got it from Axminster. If you do decide to get one let me know as I can let you have fittings from my 'junk' box.
It comes with a regulator already if you need that too. I reckon you might be able to do without a compressor as well. A cheap foot pump will give all the pressure you need, ( keeps you fit too[:D])
I haven't been able to use mine yet [:(]
I have never seen a vac pump for as cheap as our US buddies can get them for though. Luckily I have two good ones in my work tool kit.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom