My Trio of Scalloped, Segmented, Burl Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert111

Well, Tim, it was worth the wait! I know you've been dying to complete these, and I was looking forward to seeing them. All I can say is 'WOW!"

I showed them to my wife, saying, "Here's the master."

wiset1

Well, Tim, it was worth the wait! I know you've been dying to complete these, and I was looking forward to seeing them. All I can say is 'WOW!"

Thank you, but that's a bit too much credit. I'm still learning this pen thing and have a long way to go before I could be called anything to be honest with you. I'm happy that the pens speak to you and the wife since it's great feedback. It lets me know that I can move onto something new now...not sure what, but I'll figure something out:biggrin:

Thanks again!

Robert111

Thank you, but that's a bit too much credit. I'm still learning this pen thing and have a long way to go before I could be called anything to be honest with you. I'm happy that the pens speak to you and the wife since it's great feedback. It lets me know that I can move onto something new now...not sure what, but I'll figure something out:biggrin:

Thanks again!

Speaking of "moving on," I'm just now reading Kurt Hertzog's latest article in Woodturning Design magazine, which is entirely on that very subject, and he has a variety of practical suggestions for "moving on," from branching out to new designs and materials to teaching others. I think all of us here at the IAP can relate to this, because after all, here we are looking and learning and sharing. I've watched your posts here, and I think you're the perfect example of what Hetzog's talking about.

MartinPens

Wow, Tim. That's quite a trio. I will have to try this some day, but right now I have my hands full of cigar work. These are fabulous pens. Your photo work is fantastic, but I'm quite sure they are even more incredible in hand! : )
Keeping you and your wife in my prayers as that little one enters the world.

Regards

BlackPearl

Those are some beautiful pens. They are true works of art.

I have all the equipment you list but I do not think I have the tools.

Your designs and execution are exquisite.

wiset1

Tim
What would your price be for one of these fine pens? :)

Since I really don't sell them I haven't put a price on them; however I was told a couple prices on an earlier post and PM about the value that put things into perspective for me. With that being said I'll just keep that information to myself:biggrin: It's just fun making them...

Thanks for all the feedback

wiset1

Thanks Bruce,

It would be cool to one day be able to do some of the stuff you do!!!

wiset1

I really want to thank everyone for the positive feedback on these pens. I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season!

Best wishes everyone!

BradG

Tim
What would your price be for one of these fine pens? :)

Since I really don't sell them I haven't put a price on them; however I was told a couple prices on an earlier post and PM about the value that put things into perspective for me. With that being said I'll just keep that information to myself:biggrin: It's just fun making them...

Thanks for all the feedback

well if you have a change of heart on that in the future be sure to let me know :) thats one pen i would like to have in my collection

wiset1

Will do! Doing my best to keep this from becoming a business if you know what I mean. When I start selling I fear it will take the fun out of it.

Old Lar

I think it has all been said, but that is a very nice set of pens!
I appreciate the design and craftsmanship.
Happy holidays

firewhatfire

This is another one of those missed vacation posts. I am amazed at the skill level between what is here and where I am. I hope to get there in the new year.

Thanks for all the help and support given to us rookies trying this.

Phil

wiset1

Thanks again everyone...I guess if you miss a day or two on the forum you'll miss pens being posted, ha ha ha. I try to be on here everyday to be inspired by artists posting pen creations....I'm ALWAYS inspired!

Top Bottom