My latest turnings...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisinOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisinOR

Hello again all,

Sorry I've been so lax on commenting lately. Been super busy at work. Well I finally took a vacation and I turned a few things including a first!

First off is a Black Locust natural edge bowl I turned for a lady that comes into the store a lot. We traded goods.
20079432542_DSCN4738small.jpg

2007943265_DSCN4739small.jpg

Next up is a bowl that I turned as a display piece for work. A really nice piece of fiddle back Maple. The black rim is actually scorched the rubbed with scotch bright. It has kind of a neat effect, you can actually feel the figure in the wood.
2007943280_DSCN4728small.jpg

20079432852_DSCN4732small.jpg

Last up is my first segmented bowl...thingy...
I had no idea what I was doing or how thick or long to make the segments. I basically just guessed. I did not choose the shape. That's just the shape it had to be because of the segments. Actually there's a couple spots if I would have turned the bowl down any farther I would have gone through. I'm just happy it didn't fly apart. So here's the woods going from the bottom to the top: Avodire, Mahogany, Jarrah, Mahogany, Madrone, Ash, Australian Blackwood, Bubinga, Madrone, and Sapelle Mahogany (that might be starting to spalt).

20079433538_DSCN4741small.jpg

So that's it. That's all I have to show for my vacation. Any comments, critques, or critisisms are welcome.

Chris Nilluka

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Amazing !!! I Love the maple, the burning is a nice contrast. This is why I'm on this site you guys keep me wanting to do what you are can do, just with my own flare. Keep up the great work and sharing it to please. Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom