My First Majestic Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Radu

Radu

I love fountain pens, so out of the 8 or 9 pens I've turned so far, half have been fountain pens. I realize my Majestic Jr nowhere near the beautiful creations I've seen on display in this thread, but I am still quite proud of how this one turned out (you may also notice I had to repair a blowout near the front section).
IMG_20220330_162757231.jpg

IMG_20220330_162104961.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

You have done beautiful work. I also really like fountain pens. I started writing/carrying one about five years ago. Welcome to the pen turning club. O, I started turning pens about 14 years ago. My first pens were no where near nice as yours. Congrats.

Radu

Thanks everyone. I'm working up the nerve to buy my own lathe now. Previously, I was working out of a maker space, but membership is pretty expensive. At least, I have over 10-12 types of kits, so I have to turn those somewhere. I've worked through some of the common errors already - blowouts, incorrect bushings order, CA white spots, too wide mandrel saver resulting in oval turnings, bent transmission. And I'm still in the single digits when it comes to pens :)

Now I'm trying to figure out the difference between kits - other than minor esthetic variations, I can't figure out why some cost double or more. For instance, why the Senior Gents is cheap, Broadwell Nouveau is middle of the pack, and something like Stateman or Abraham is so expensive (I realize these are relative). This is comparing same plating, same nib material, same ink (at least as far as I can see online). I like them all esthetically, but can't afford to try and write with each - I plan to make them, then gift them (or sell if I get lucky)

Top Bottom