My First Mach 3 Razor Handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

These are a blast to make! This one is made from Chrysocolla TruStone. It's fun to be able to play around with different shapes. Sanded through 400, MM1200, plastic polish after that. This stone was a little more difficult to work with, but worth the effort! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dannyshoots

Very nice! I wanna do one. What did you do? Is there a kit. Do I have to take one apart and measure for the drilling and such? Are there instructions on this site for it?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice! I wanna do one. What did you do? Is there a kit. Do I have to take one apart and measure for the drilling and such? Are there instructions on this site for it?

Wow... Didn't know PSI had them too.. I just got some of the Berea ones and I didn't think PSI sold Berea.. wonder if there is any difference.

For the Berea version Danny, you can go to woodcraft or there is some great vendors here that carry these too (and are probably cheaper!) - exoticblanks and arizona sillotte carry berea line.

omb76

Thanks for the compliments! I got these at PSI. I think the kit is a little nicer looking than the Berea ones. Not a bad price either. $7.50 ea when you buy 10 or more. I turned one from Black Onyx last night and am doing an acrylic tonight. :)

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
No kit is really necessary other than the razor head which I puchased from Anthony.
attachment.php

Here's a bunch of razors and matching Cigar pens I turned for our troops last Christmas.

The beauty of the razors is no tube or bushings required, just turned centre to centre. Length is dependant on what you have. These are from Corian, so completely waterproof.

Attachments

• 1032 - Pens for Peacekeepers (Small).jpg
    1032 - Pens for Peacekeepers (Small).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 162
Top Bottom