My First Birdhouse Ornaments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I made these six ornaments yesterday afternoon and made the stand in the evening. I had a backorder of the little birds waiting for me in the mail so I went and got those this morning to put them on the perch's prior to taking pictures.

BirdhouseOrnaments2.jpg

The walnut stand has a revolving Plexiglas top . I spaced the 24 pins evenly using the indexing feature on my lathe. It will hold twelve of these ornaments when I make some more.
The stand has no finish at all . It is just buffed with tripoli, then white diamond and then wax. Walnut buffs up beautifully on the Beal system without any finish.

BirdhouseOrnaments1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Those are just great!!
Where did you get the little birds?

I got them fom CSUSA. They came as a backorder from a large order of supplies a couple months ago.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Projects___Christmas_Ornaments___Miniature_Birds___mini_birds?Args==

I was quite dissapointed with the small size of them . They have larger ones only in red cardinal and three different part numbers but it is confusing that they do not state actual size of them. .

I am looking for a supplier that states size before ordering more.

I have four pre-Christmas craft sales booked already in Nov and Dec and would like to make a few dozen more of these ornaments but would like little bigger birds.

seawolf

check out hobby lobby I bought a package there a few weeks ago I think there were 20 for 2.99 and several different colors and types of bird.
Mark

W.Y.

check out hobby lobby I bought a package there a few weeks ago I think there were 20 for 2.99 and several different colors and types of bird.
Mark

Thanks Mark but the nearest Hobby Lobby to me is 369 miles.

I googled both Hobby Lobby and Michaels and could not find miniature birds in either one but maybe I was not putting the right words in their search engine. If anyone can provide me with links and know if they do mail order or not I would like to know.
The nearest Michaels is at least a two hour drive each way and I would like to see what they have before going that far or ordering on line.

Top Bottom