My answer to expensives pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

I here a lot of "nice pens BUT to expensive", along with things like, I will stay with my $200. Bic. So, on the back of my card I put:

2006814174850_File0326.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hombre4

OOOOOOPPPPSSSSS should be $2.00 and NOT $200.00...
Originally posted by hombre4
<br />I here a lot of "nice pens BUT to expensive", along with things like, I will stay with my $200. Bic. So, on the back of my card I put:

2006814174850_File0326.jpg
<br />

SteveRoberts

For a long time I told people that my pens were handcrafted, and some people understood and appreciated that but many asked themselves silently... what difference does that make to me?

We have to explain what benefit handcrafted holds for the recipient.

In sales they talk about F.A.B.
Features "handcrafted"
Advantages "unique, individual"
Benefits "you the owner, will have a pen that fits only YOU"

I stress my selection of sizes, colors, shapes and materials. I tell them that if they look at similarl quality pens that are factory made, they won't have all those choices.

In short, "handcrafted" is also what the ugly painting your 2nd grader did that you hang on the fridge because you love him or her.
We need to say more, much more.

Daniel

Along the lines of more, much more. I have a pile of cards letters, e-mails and even verbal comments from my customers saying. One how pleased they are with the end product,(usually from web site orders) and two how my pens are the most confortable and best writing pens they have ever used. I tend to think my pens are better than the average office supply pen, and I'm talking the crosses etc. that start around $40.00. and I generally price them lower than that. I'm not sure that I agree with the cheap part. I do understand in comparison to a $2.00 bic our pens are expensive. but when apples are comparted to apples I still think most of us have the lowest price and a better quality.
I will not get into all the other benefits I see my customer has in buying one of my pens, it would get way to long. I will say that the way I have come to view my pens and what they are worth is much different than I did even two years ago. there are those that already see it for themselves, those that it can be explained to, those that will never see it, and some that even though they see the benefits they don't mean anything to them. I'm looking for the first two groups of people, don't really mind the second two but I'm not trying to change anyones mind. I have enough people that there faces light up when they see my work. after that it is simply helping them find just which one they want the most, they want them all but most people can't afford to buy that many [:(]
I do agree that it is important, Very important, to get across that they are hand made.

txcwboy

I say mine are usable forms of art.Handmade writing instruments for those with discriminating taste. You dont buy "ART" at walmart [:D]

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom