Must be the BEST Piece I have ever done PITH PEN for ZanderPommo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chief Hill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Ohhh man this thread is really priceless. I would think the ones I confused would have looked at my website first and realized something was wrong.

Alex. The ca glue flashes up fast eh. Gives a nice effect....

Karin Voorhis

This is great! I saw the post on my Iphone early (no power for computers) and I looked so hard for the painted bulbs and just too small. hahaha I know now why I missed them.

GaryMGg

P1010165.jpg

Nice pen display
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

thewishman

I read the first post. Tried to decide how to say that it was a really ugly, hideously overdone, waste-of-too-much-time pen in a nice way.

Then I thought, why would anyone spend that much time on a pen and use a 24K plating? I shed a tear over this pen, too (thinking, "Crap, there went several minutes of my life that I'll never get back.")

Nice pen, ya' hoser!

SuperDave

Ohhh man this thread is really priceless. I would think the ones I confused would have looked at my website first and realized something was wrong.

... after looking at the photos you posted, I was too scared to look at your website... I can only take looking at one pen like that, in my entire lifetime... a whole website full of them would have been fatal... as it is, I had to pop a low dose aspirin... you should be ashamed of yourself...:eek:

PaulSF

You guys joke all you want, you haven't seen my "Tray of Glory," where I keep all the mistakes I've made in my effort to make just 4 decent pens!!

Chief Hill

sounds like the perfect excuse. I believe cheif hill has been at this for several years.

I have been turning pens for just under a year. That's it. Woodworking for years. This pens going for a ugly contest for sure. The best part of it is it's not a mistake I made it to look ugly.
It's harder to make an ugly segmented piece than a half decent one.

Chief Hill

That is a beauty!! More to come???:star::star::star:

For sure... Ugly part 2 maybe on a majestic???

Nahhh the majestic is way too nice of a kit. I'll figure something out. Need a good kit that I can really make a jaw dropper for.

ZanderPommo

lol well i guessed wrong. just under a year eh? wow.
yes while that segmented bit may have had some flaws it still catches the eye. even though the finish is pitted and scratched, the segments are off, the red dye is running, the green dye is running, and it doesn't come close to matching the lower barrel.....:rolleyes:

ZanderPommo

heres the real deal folks:

My PITH pen from Cheif Hill
bloodwood/purpleheart/paduak/and curly maple segmented with what seems to be white pick gaurd, on a gold cigar kit.
thanks man i love it its my new daily writer. yours should arrive around midweek next week.

P1010169.jpg

Top Bottom