Mulberry Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from melogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

Here is a Statesman I did for a friend that is giving me a LOT of wood for pens and bowls. It is made from a piece of mulberry that he gave me last year. I used my new Photo Studio that I got from someone in the casual conversation forum. It is a white rubbermaid trash can with a white pillow case and 2 clip lights with 100W bulbs. Let me know what you think.

329327_Statesman%20for%20Roger%20Caudill%20resized.jpg

%20for%20Roger%20Caudill%20resized%20laying%20down.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Mark, Another thing that you can do (depending on your camera) is use the timer. One other thing that I notice is the color casting, I think that maybe you need to tweak the white balance. Other than that I would say that you seem to have a good amount of light and of course the pen itself looks really nice.

Wayne

I can't comment of the pics because I am still trying to figure mine out. But the pen is outstanding. How is mulbery to work with?

melogic

This is the first Mulberry that I've turned and I love it. It is really easy to turn and I sand from 150 grit to 1200 grit sandpaper and it had a shine before I ever put any finish on it. As I said, this is for a friend that is giving me a bunch of wood for pens and bowls. He is the one that gave me the Mulberry. I hope he likes it. Thanks everyone for the feedback and all comments.

melogic

Wayne,
Should I use more or less white balance? I'm not that camera literate. I think I will use my remote for my camera. I think this will help me a lot.

JimGo

Mark,
If you have a program like Photoshop, Microsoft's Digital Image Pro, Paint Shop Pro, or most of the other digital picture programs that are out there (one probably came with your camera) you can adjust the white balance in the software. What you'll notice is that the wood should come out looking even closer to its actual color once that's done. If not, there are also color correction tools.

HTH!

Daniel

The second photo really works for me. great detail. I don't see shake, I see a sharp shadow under the pen. you might try a piece of paper (White) to reflect a little more light under the pen and lighten that shadow. good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom