Mr. Anonymous Game #75 @ 13/05/2020

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Game time, I will try to make this one easy/simple based on the fact that I'm all about wood species from my neck of the woods (South Australia) so, I will continue to make sure I introduce my wood species to new members and give a refresh run on woods that have been talked about in my threads over the years, I'm referring to my woods identification questions and see how familiar and or how easy/difficult you guys can work out the wood species in question. In most occasions, there will be 1 or 2 pics and probably some short explanation, the rest is up to you.

I should also let everybody know that a few weeks ago the USA and UK borders were closed for any incoming mail, in fact, our post offices simply do not process any parcels for those destinations, there may be other destinations that have been closed down for now but I'm not sure which ones apart from the 2, I have parcels ready to send at home to those destinations but I have to wait until things get back to "normal"

The question is;

Please identify the name/number of this tree species...!

my turnings 004_(1).jpgmy turnings 005_(1).jpgmy turnings 006_(1).jpg

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

PS: You are allowed 3 guesses but each guess on a separate post

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hey folks, this one of my woods from the timber list.

I can also say that as far as I know, it doesn't grow in your countries but fairly proliferate in this State that I know off.

They are a very bushy tree and some people plant them as windbreakers and privacy screens, the bark peals like paper.

Cheers
George

Leo S. Long

Hey Leo, how many Melaleucas do you know...?

Cheers
George

Hi George,

Well I did not know any until this game. But in my investigating I found 4 in the genus Melaleucas. M. Linariifolia was the first one that I found and it looked like a good guess. But your wood list only has listed Melaleucas, and from what I could fine the one I found second better fit what you said about the wood. The other two were more in line with the first guess as to were they grow. What ever right or wrong it's fun trying to figure it out and learn something new. Even though I probably for get it soon enough.šŸ˜€ I also found M. styphlioides and M. alternifolia. Thanks for putting these up they are a lot of fun, I have only guessed on a few but always am trying to figure it out.

Leo

robutacion

And the winner is...!

Hi peoples, I think its time to close this game and announce the winner which is Leo S. Long on post #17 I could even accept his post #18 but I'm satisfied with his answer(s) and as a result, he gets the AU$100.00 voucher from me.

From the very beginning, I focussed these games on what I know best, woods that I have/collected/sell and use that opportunity to share my knowledge about those woods, share them with the world and when possible allow folks to learn something in the process if nothing else from the reading they do when searching online.

I would like also to thank all the other participants, I hope that this current situation all around the world improves soon so that people can get along with their lives as before.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom